I have been home for two days with Nathan, who spiked a fever at 8:30 Monday morning and had to come home. I should be really stressed out because my first concert is Thursday, but the reality is that the kids know the songs and the concert will be fine. I have enjoyed being home, but I don't know that it would be a good thing for me in the long run.....sounds pretty tempting some days, though.

I had an appt. with the podiatrist on Monday morning (before I got the call from Nathan's school) and I am officially all better. I was up front with him about how long I wore the boot, and he was fine with that. I am glad to put that whole thing behind me, although I will have to be careful to stretch that calf in the future.

Luke's social/sports schedule is completely nuts. He has had something every night this week and went to school early yesterday, today, and will again on Friday. I need a driver!

I had a nice time over the weekend going to the Feast of The Hunter's Moon at Ft. Ouiatenon in my hometown. My sisters were home, and they went, too, along with my mom and BIL. The festival celebrates the era when the French and Indians traded (and fought) at that Ft. Lots of people dressed in period costumes, period music (fife and drum stuff.....love it!), yummy food cooked over open fires, cool crafts, etc. DH and I both grew up going to this every fall, but our kids had never been and I don't think either of us had been in the last 15 or so years. It was great. That evening, my sisters and I went to a music reunion at the high school we all attended. There was an alumni concert, but we didn't sign up for that.....didn't want to waste our time together rehearsing! A local (well, he used to be local and now he is all over the state) car dealer who is also an alum gave several million dollars to the school for a new performing arts wing, and it was dedicated over the weekend. It was AWESOME and I was so happy for the students and teachers who will get to use it.

I am counting down the days until next Thursday....Fall Break!!!! I have to get through my concert and parent/teacher conferences (next Wednesday) and then we are headed to southeast OH to check out some leaves and relax. I have already got some reading material hidden away (went to Half-Price Books on Sunday) to take with me. I am hoping for some nice (quiet?) family time!

My new furniture is scheduled to be delivered next Wednesday morning.....really looking forward to that as well!

Fall is chugging along....our first trimester ends Nov. 6, which is right around the corner! I know it is a cliche, but every year really does seem to go by faster and faster.