I am WAY behind at updating! Life just gets crazier and crazier, but if I can't find time to post now that it is summer, I need to just give up!

DH and I just got back from our anniversary trip to Grenada on Sunday. We had eight full days there, full of not much more than spending time in the sun and eating! The resort where we stayed was amazing....we had a private pool, room service was included, the bed was oh-so-comfortable, we had cable.....it was awesome. The clientele was British, except for us, so things were more formal than we were used to, but mostly we just wanted to be left alone, so it was fine. And DH and I still like each other, so that's good!

DH has been incredibly busy since April, like 80-100 hours a week busy. He has already worked 51 hours this week, and will likely top out around 85....he is off this weekend. More work means more $$$, of course, but I am getting to the point where I would trade the money for seeing DH more often. He and his partner are advertising for a 3rd partner, FINALLY, but who knows how long that will take.....still, it is a step in the right direction. I just really didn't expect to be raising three boys largely on my own. It is what it is, but knowing that our oldest will leave home in three years just really brings it home to me in a new way.

I will still be employed this fall, after a few very shaky weeks in March. This may be my last year.....our budget was cut by about 4% this year and we expect to have to cut another 3 to 5% next spring.....they will have to cut teachers and music may be something they feel they can live without. We'll see.

The boys are all fine and healthy. They really, really, really keep me busy. Luke took driver's ed in June and still has to do 5 scheduled drives.....I hope we get them all in by the time school starts or else it will be really crazy trying to get them done. Due to a new law that took effect July 1st, he will not be able to get his license until he is 16.5, which will be in October of his JUNIOR year.....sigh. I am sure the time he spends driving under our supervision will be good for him in the long run, but having another driver will be such a help to me.....I am anxious for it to happen! I can't even count the number of times I had to hire older teenagers to drive my kids around this year.....there just isn't enough of me to go around some days. Luke's first foray into the world of romance ended Mother's Day weekend when his girlfriend broke up with him. No real reason was given and they still hang out and text....I think she just didn't want to have a boyfriend anymore. He was very hurt and it about killed me to watch him go through it.

School starts August 9 (gag) and I am really trying to focus on enjoying the few weeks of summer we have left. It goes so fast!