I guess we're on a good roll. I just got a great job offer! It's with this small, but quickly expanding company. They help people with healthcare issues such as those without insurance or those who's insurance companies won't cover costs. They do really great work there and I'm looking forward to starting next week.

It's DH's birthday tomorrow and he has the day off work so we'll have a double celebration . I've got a busy week ahead of me. I get my braces off on wed (DH has never seen me without them). While I'm looking forward to it, it's also quite scary. I won't say how long I've had them on but it's been a VERY long time. I meet my new colleagues on Thursday and start my new job on Monday.

Meanwhile I'm trying to plan our vacation. We'll be doing a bit of travelling around Ireland, something we never did together when we lived there. I don't think I've ever looked forward to a vacation so much. It's not just meeting family/friends I haven't seen in a year. I think I miss the countryside more. My family live in this big old farmhouse, with a 40 acre farm, on the side of the mountain, and the scenery is just beautiful. I've been missing it a lot lately. Maybe it's because we're going back but I think it's mostly because it's springtime, always a busy season on the farm and always my favourite time of year. I used to love looking after all the new baby lambs and calves and almost always ended up with a pet lamb which was a full time job. It was really a great place to grow up. It's funny how you take these things for granted until you don't have it anymore. I hope that one day our future family will be able to experience it.