On Saturday morning I got a call from my Mum. She said "Dad is in hospital. He had a heart attack last night."
I was upset, my first thought was, my poor grandfather. He had been in and out of hospital lately, he's just turned 80.

Then yesterday, I finally bought a webcam and was chatting with my mother, sister and brother over skype. The connection was bad. I asked after Grandad and her face paled, we lost the connection. She called 30 seconds later and said "Did you think it was Grandad who had the heart attack? It was your Dad."

I couldn't believe it, he's 51! It never even crossed my mind that she was talking about my father, I thought she meant her Dad. DH was even talking to her about the procedure and he thought it was my grandfather too.

He had some mild pain and tingling in his left arm and some tightness in his chest so he went to the doctor and was promptly sent for an angiogram. He had to have a stent placed and is now recovering and hopefully over the worst.

He was diagnosed with diabetes a few months back and has been finding it difficult to control. He's about 15 lbs overweight but otherwise perfectly healthy. He was just telling me last week about the new vegetable garden he and my sister planted.

I spoke with him this morning and he's doing fine, he's having another angiogram this evening and is hoping to be out of the hospital by Thursday.

I didn't sleep a wink last night, I feel guilty that I didn't know it was him. I feel bad that I'm 3000 miles away. I hate not being there.
He was so lucky. It could have been a lot worse.