So my now ex boyfriend is a 3rd year medical student and I had moved to be closer to him. We had been together for a little over a year. Because of my traditional beliefs, we did not move in together, and we talked about his busy schedule before I had moved up, although had not had a specific conversation on frequency of seeing each other. He ended up having no time for me, which was hard, because I was in a new environment and it resulted in fights between the two of us. I found myself wishing we could be a normal couple, and the comments from my roommates "he just doesn't want to see you", "he has the time, he just doesn't want to give it to you/make it work" broke my heart. I guess it takes someone much stronger and more independent to be with someone in medicine, and of course when I was working, it was not as bad. Unfortunately, the job I had in his city did not work out and I found myself still searching, with long days to myself. He eventually broke up with me, telling me that he didn't see us working in the long run, as he had a long road ahead of him, and, most likely, a surgical residency. I struggle with wondering whether he didn't want to give me time, or if it is normal that you see an MS3 once or twice a week. I find people in relationships outside of the medical field don't understand, and I just want to connect with people who are involved with medical students and residents, and hear their experiences.