Hi all,
So my boyfriend and I have gotten back together after a rough couple months third year. What I have dreaded for so long has come true and he has chosen to go into surgery. Of course I read all the horror stories online and it just makes me so sad that the lifestyle can be so brutal. Not to mention that right now, we are in a long distance relationship going on two years where he now is working long hours on a surgery rotation and can barely send me more than a few text messages a day sometimes. Usually we have a pretty strong phone relationship whether it be talking or texting, and we see each other once a month. I love him so much and yet feel so lonely in this relationship. I am wondering, when he is a resident and, we are in the same place if all goes according to plan, if this will get the slightest bit easier. There are days I just feel so much depression and feel like I cant even go to work because my life is not at all what I had hoped it would be. But I love this man beyond everything, and not being with him through our breakup was even worse. Any thoughts, advice, or experiences would be greatly appreciated.