02-12-2008

There was a medspouses gathering last night, that I almost forgot about! Ended up being 5 of us, we just sat around and chatted; it was good. I feel so *social* I still feel like I'm an alien observing "normal" people, but oh, well. We planned to get together again the first week of next month, and we want to try to get together with our spouses for a fondue party in a couple weekends, too. That ought to be fun.

We've finally gotten some real snow!!! I <3 it. I'm not convinced I'm going to get sick of this before we move away from it.

Oh! Our exciting adventure for the evening! Don't keep reading if you're easily grossed out. I'm still giggling when I think about it. Tom came downstairs holding Pel (one of our cats), out in front of him, kinda gingerly. He reported that he'd been peeing, and Pel had completely freaked out in another room, and came tearing around the corner, jumped right up onto the open toilet, and got peed on.

We decided the only thing for it was to give her a quick bath. We were a little worried, because she's one that will fight tooth and nail when things aren't going her way. With both of us working on her, scruffing her, controlling the warm water...she actually didn't struggle too badly. A little bit, but not too much. Then, we pulled her out and cuddled her up in a big fluffy beach towel...and she just...sat there. It was almost like she was in shock or something. She started grooming her front paws, and started purring. Freakiest thing. *Totally* not what we were expecting from her.

She's all clean and dry and happy and curled up against me on the couch, right now. Yay!

And now it's time for me to take a bath and go to bed. I overslept a bit this morning, and never did get into the work groove; I sat in front of the computer for 8 hours, and accomplished next to nothing. Can't let that happen tomorrow also.