Woot.com had some roombas (model 535 if you're curious) last week, and it was finally cheap enough that we thought "what the heck", and got one. I was skeptical.

OMG. Lovelovelove it! It's so cute. And pretty quiet, too! And pretty easy to clean.

Not only does it do the bulk of the annoying work for me, but it also means that stuff can't be left lying around on the floor. The whole house is *tidier* because of it! It's a gadget, so of course DH is willing (at least for now) to help out with keeping the floors ready to be cleaned. That's been nice. To be honest, he's never been too bad about leaving stuff on floors (tables, on the other hand...), but it's nice to have things just that extra bit of tidy and clean. I'm actually to the point where I wouldn't be embarrassed to have people over to visit!

Cleaning things out has kinda been the theme of the past week. I got down to ZERO emails in my personal inbox..and I've managed to KEEP it that way! At work I've always pretty much stayed caught up with incoming stuff, because that's a lot of what my job consists of. My personal email has been pretty bad, by my standards. A good friend who isn't on facebook or IM or twitter or anything else where I could stay in touch with her easily had sent me a very nice newsy email almost 2 months ago. I finally replied to that with a nice newsy email in reply, and it felt SO good.

I also managed to pull together all the info for our accountant to do our taxes, and it only took me a few hours (as opposed to the MAJOR several-week project it was last year). Yay for keeping things at least slightly organized this past year!

Probably not a coincidence that all this cleaning energy is happening as it's finally starting to get a little sunnier and warmer around here.

Our 8th anniversary is Tuesday. Not sure if we're doing anything, or what; we did say that the Cancun trip was kinda for anniversary, and we're going to Seattle at the end of April, so whatever it is will be low-key, for sure. I did get a little something to give to DH (assuming it arrives tomorrow like it's supposed to); I hope he likes it!