A little bit of happy I just had to share: DH is at an NDMS conference in Dallas (coming home tomorrow), and has been schmoozing with all his friends on the disaster medical team. When he called this evening, he told me that a couple people on the Oregon team (the one he's still part of) are eager to have him back in Oregon and are willing to help make sure he's got a better-than-average shot at an EM residency at OSHU (assuming DH sticks with wanting to do EM). Some of the people on the team are EM faculty at OHSU, too, which can't hurt.

AND...he talked to someone today from the Washington team who is apparently in charge of getting the EM residency program in Seattle re-accredited. She said they hope to start having civilian EM residents there starting in 2011!

I *do* know it's still a total crapshoot, and I'd really be OK with almost anywhere...but I'm buoyed by the thought that our chances of getting back to the PNW for residency just went up, despite the dearth of residency programs in the area. Yay!