I can't even remember the last time that I updated. I wish I was better about keeping up with things lately, but I haven't really had the time to sit down and organize my thoughts.
I'll try and backtrack as best I can.

It's really been a challenge for me to coordinate my school stuff with the kids' schedules. I ended up taking an incomplete in one course in order to focus on Anatomy. It is much more work (and is taking up more time) that I ever imagined it would be. I did get at 92% on my first lab exam. This was a huge deal for me, because I worked really hard. After the lab exam, I had to turn my attention to the lecture material. We had our first lecture exam (midterm) on Thursday. It covered 10 chapters, all lecture notes and 9 articles that we had to read and preapre for. It was fill-in-the-blank and essay and it was an overwhelming amount of material.

The exam went ok. I'm not convinced that I did well, but I think my performance was adequate.

One thing that I realize is that I am really, truly enjoying going to class and lab. I really love it. I wish that I could spend a little more time focusing on this part of myself. As it is, I'm pushing hte limits of what my family finds acceptable (in terms of my time commitment to studying), but it is so nice to be able to focus a little bit on me. It feels selfish...and worng...and right at the same time, if that makes sense. I love feeling like I'm learning something new, discussing ideas and working together with other people. I wish that I could do it every morning. I truly am a better mom on the days that I have had class, even though I am more tired on those days. I am more patient, playful and...I always end up enthusiastically getting the house cleaned up.

For the most part, the last few weeks ahve been pretty good.

Andrew has continued to amaze us all with his focus and interest in school. We received the report from his frist grading period and he has a 3.78 gpa. He got all A's and a single B+ in Algebra II. It is amazing how well he has been doing...I'm so proud of him and so happy that he seems to be feeling more self-confident. Last year, he struggled with the transition to the new school...and this year he just really is at peace and happy. I don't know how it happened, but I'm very thankful that he is doing well.

Amanda has eased into school and seems to be adjusting well. We haven't had to deal with the social issues that we did last time, but some things that have been happening at school still upset me. This week, one of her best friends was kicked in the stomach by another girl...and Amanda's friend was having terrible abdominal pain and had to be taken to the ER where she had a CT scan. She spent the night at the hospital. I haven't talked to her mom yet, but it is scary to me that something like this happened and that the girl who did this has not been severely punished.

Stuff with Alex this year has not been quite as straightforward. Though school stuff is good, he and the neighborhood boys have been in a little too much mischief for my liking. This involves a rather unfortunate incident with some toads, a large group sleepover where the boys danced around in their undies and were a little too...well...lets just say I wasn't comfortable with it...and then the boys have been peeing outside. I'm absolutely beside myself, and Alex has been grounded now on multiple occasions for days and even an entire week at a time. One of the other moms took me aside today and told me "It's ok. This is all normal. I have been through this once already...all of us moms are going through it". But I worry and want to make sure everything will be ok for my kids...and this new behavior has been startling for me.

Aidan is having the hardest time with school starting. He isn't taking an afternoon nap anymore and has cried a lot in the morning because he is too tired and doesn't want to go to school. My sweet little boy has become a real grump that shouts "shut up" and throws shoes when he is tired. Sadly, I have not always responded well becasue he tends to pick on Zoe and make her shriek and scream...and he refuses to stop. He and I are going through a little power struggle. Poor Aidan.

Zoe continues to be my little princess. I can't help it...she is so spoiled. The only issue we have with that is that she can't tolerate for any of the other kids to guh me or even sit next to me on the sofa. She shrieks at the top of her lungs. Also, if I get upset with her, she cries big buckets of tears "Zoe Schatz, Zoe Schatz...".

Thursday night, we had some friends over to watch the debates. It was a lot of fun even though it got a bit heated.

Tomorrow night, we are going out with that same couple and another couple to attend the annual Oktoberfest here. It should be fun.

I promise to keep up a little better...