32 weeks tomorrow, really? :huh: It seems like just yesterday we got our BFP and now in approximately 8 weeks we'll be meeting our little girl. Wow. I have another shower this Sunday, this one is being thrown by my three closest residency friends, two are the wives of DH's co-residents (same year) and one is a derm wife that we also went to medical school with. They all have kids and are very happy for us so it should be fun. It will probably also be pretty small, I think we only invited 15 but it will be fun.

DH is working on his fourth month off service. He does have some call this quarter but only two weekends (which he's already done) and only five nights which he'll be done with by 12/5. Its been so nice for us both to get home around 5pm, make dinner and just hang out in the evenings. Although he's been pretty stressed the last week and a half because of a last minute grant his chairman decided he needed to apply for but he called this morning said all the bugs were worked out and he should be done with it today or tomorrow. It will be nice to get that off his plate. Then he can start studying for boards. One of the 4th years' from last year compiled this insane study guide, it takes up 3 1" binders and the font is pretty small. So he brought that home last night so that he can start studying. Hopefully he has the discipline to study while I'm at work and we can continue to have our evenings before and after the baby comes, I guess we'll see.

He's been around so much the last 4 months and will be around so much the next 5 months April is going to suck! Even though its only three months on service before he's off service for two years I think its going to be an interesting transition for both of us, him because his work hours will go back up closer to 80 and he won't be around as much to spend time with Baby M. For me because now I'm so used to having him around and will until April that I'm sure her and I will have an adjustment to get into a schedule without dad being so flexible. I'll be very interested to see what he thinks about nsg hours after he's had so much flexibility for this period.

We're headed for our first big freeze tomorrow night, the low is supposed to be mid-20's. If it kills the bugs I'm all for it. The trees are all turning, we have this gorgeous red tree in our backyard right now, I took a picture of it last weekend, I'll have to post it later.

My little sister started her NP job on Monday, she LOVES it. Did I tell you about her getting screwed? Basically it boiled down to she graduated in May with her NP, had a job lined up at the hospital she had worked at through school, she was supposed to start on 10/15 and instead she got a call on 10/4 saying they no longer had a position for her. Not because they'd hired someone else but b/c they were reviewing the entire NP program in the hospital and decided there were to many of them. She was FREAKED. So she took it upon herself to call Dr. Z who she had turned a job down with and he still had not hired someone so she started with him on Monday. A private practice job with 7 docs but she only works with him and she's loving it. Tuesday he took her into the private doctor's lounge with the personal chef and told her she could have whatever she wanted. They're going to send her to Nurse assist school so that she can assist in the OR, she's very excited. So it was a stressful couple of weeks but I think this will be for the best for her.

We (my parents & I) also talked my older sister out of buying a money pit this last week. She and her husband had found this FABULOUS house but I was very skeptical b/c the whole basement was going to have to be gutted and re-done due to mold. I used to work in insurance, specifically on construction defect claims, that were mostly mold and after seeing the pictures I told her I'd walk away in a heartbeat. Mom and Dad saw it last Saturday and then spent all day Sunday trying to figure out how to tell them to run without seeming like the meddling parents. Finally they walked away and while I think there is still some tension between her and her husband b/c of it I think they'll come to decide it was the best solution. Someone else they know has bought it and is going to flip it so it will be VERY interesting to see if they sell it, how much they get for it.

DH's brother lives in LaJolla so he was not directly affected by the fires, but was about 10-15 miles from the nearest evacuation zone. He said it was surreal and took some photos, so we're anxious to see them. I can't imagine what all of those poor people are going through. The only thing about being where he was, was that if he did have to evacuate his options pretty much were the ocean or Mexico b/c he couldn't go east.

So that is what is up in our family, nothing to exciting, just plugging along and waiting for Baby M to make her appearance. Other then a couple of light headed spells I'm fine and looking forward to Tuesday's appointment. I feel like my last 2-3 appointments have been very uneventful which I guess is good I guess we'll see what this one brings.