After hijacking the moving thread I got to thinking about the fact that we are starting to lose our friends. It sucks! Yet another drawback to a 7 year residency. These friends have been our friends since the 2nd year of medical school, we visited them in the hospital the day their son was born who turned 4 on Sunday. We all went through the stress of the match(es) together, we all moved together and we've had dinner at each other houses on a regular basis for the last 7 years. Granted they're only moving to the cities but we don't get up there near as much as we'd like especially now that we have Adele. I know its a friendship we'll always have but I also know they're just a start to a much larger issue. Next year there will be many more, one of the nsg couples we've become good friends with, an ortho couple that we have so much in common with and at least two ENT couples that I can think of off the top of my head. I'm glad I have the two nsg couples in DH's class to hang out with but it still sucks!