My MIL has done it again. We are going to be in KC the last weekend in July to have Adele's six month (yes a month late) pictures taken at Brandi's. Her appointment is that morning, a few weeks ago MIL asked if she could have an open house type party that afternoon for Adele. That was the only question, no input on who she should or who we would like to invite, nothing. So tonight she tells DH that she's already invited all of the immediate family that lives in KC (her and FIL's siblings and their families) - fine, I figured they would all be invited. The rest of the guests are MIL & FIL friends. Not a single one of DH & I's friends, and the bigger kicker (IMO) NOT my PARENTS! They haven't seen their grand daughter since April and we will be two hours away instead of the usual 8, I guess I just think they should be a given. I guarantee if it were the other way around and this were something my parents were doing MIL would expect to be invited. Maybe I'm over reacting but it just pisses me off that we had no input in the guest list and my parents weren't invited. :huh: One thing I think this ensures though is that Adele's 1st birthday party will be at my parents house, not MIL's. I don't think I'd have any control over a party at her home.