I'm so looking forward to Thanksgiving. Tuesday I'll drop Molly off at the kennel, Wednesday we'll head home and we'll drive back on Sunday around noon. It will be short but I'm excited to have Adele spend some time with her grandparents while she's making all of these developmental changes, like walking. She'll now take 5-6 independent steps on her own, meaning no prompting from us. It's exciting to see her growing up so much. There is a new business here in town called the House of Bounce which is basically a warehouse filled with lots of blow up houses. They have two little ones that Adele really enjoyed and it was fun to watch her figure out that the floor wasn't stable, etc.
We haven't been up to much since I posted last, DH is swamped as per usual. He's trying to finish a paper and a grant application as well as writing a letter of intent for fellowship so that he can start that whole process.
A few months ago Old Navy had a huge denim sale so for less then $70 we walked out of there with 7 pairs of jeans. I knew they didn't fit me great but I was at that in between stage and didn't really want to spend a lot on jeans. Well today I treated myself to a pair of Lucky Brand jeans. I LOVED these when I was in college and they fit without the butt gap as I like to call it. Macy's was having a sale so I could justify them a little bit, I also made myself a promise that I would go to the gym at least 2x a week through Christmas, if not 3. That is my winter goal as well, we'll see how it goes.
So I finished my cake class last night, it went well. I think I learned enough to give myself a good foundation for future cakes. My goal really is just to make Adele's birthday cakes and other cakes for special occassions. Eventually I think I'll try fondant and gum paste, I've heard they're not all that hard just time consuming.
My sister is having her baby on Monday - yay! I'm so excited for her and just amazed at how mellow and calm she is about all of this. I guess we'll see how she's really doing when we see her on Wednesday.