I haven't posted here in over a year and a half but I thought I should do some catching up and getting back into the blogging - I think its good for me.

So DH is almost done with his first research year. As expected it wasn't all the champagne and roses that I had hoped for. He still works 7a-6p Monday - Friday and its usually pulling teeth to call him at 6pm and say "when are you coming home?" I hate that we don't eat until 6:30 or 7 or even later each night which means that Adele eats alone and now that I'm pregnant I'm starving by then. But he sees it as as improvement from being on service which I suppose technically it is I just know that come a year from now I'm going to hate him going back on service even more because he didn't take advantage of his research time to spend with his family. He did get a new Blackberry in the last week or so which has been nice because now he actually answers his phone when I call so he is reachable. At least now I don't have to rely on whether or not he'll return a page.

On the good side his CV/publication list has doubled in the last week so we're both super excited about that. He wrote a case study paper with the chairman and its been accepted for a publication as well as a talk at a conference in late October in New Orleans. So the timing sucks but we knew about this conference before we knew about the pregnancy and its important that he gets his CV buffed up for the job hunt in a few years. He's submitting 2 abstracts today for a conference that is the couple of days before that one, these are based on his research so he's super excited to hopefully get to finally present either a talk or a poster on what he's been doing for the last year. He really is making some progress and the more he's making the more he's surprised that more hasn't been done on this.

Adele is growing like a weed and will be 17 months next week. She was sick this weekend when we were in KC for too many family functions, of course we didn't realize she had a fever until Saturday night so hopefully she didn't get anyone else sick. She's not acting sick and now her fever is gone but now she has this rash all over her chest and back. The doc said its probably just viral and she needs to stay away from kids for 48 hours so that cancels my mommy's day off tomorrow but I really can't complain because this is the first time she's been sick. Luckily the weather is beautiful so we can at least get outside and play.

The pregnancy is going well and I'm finally feeling better. I will be 16 weeks on Friday which is also my next doctor's appointment. I have a feeling they're going to tell me I haven't gained enough weight because I'm still not eating much. Even though the nauseousness is gone when it comes time to eat lunch and dinner I just don't feel like it and nothing really sounds good. So I need to work on that. Otherwise things are good and I'm hoping I can schedule my ultrasound for when my parents are visiting next month so that they might be able to go with us.

DH and I are finally getting away next month! YAY! My parents are coming up on a Thursday and staying with Adele, we are leaving Friday and coming back on Monday, then they'll head home on Tuesday. We're going to a resort about 4 hours north of here, we're going to play golf, I'm going to get a massage and we're just going to veg and eat good food. Adele (& Molly) will love spending the time with her grandparents and I'll know she's in good hands and that we're only 4 hours away. We need it, especially now that there is another one on the way.

So that is what is going on with us, I'll try to be better about keeping up.