DH was on call last night, at midnight he got called in. No biggie, I was in bed and expected him home early this morning. Of course that didn't happen because the patient was the mother of a nurse the on call staff works with daily so she was given special care for end of life procedures and DH was there until after 11. A had a bad morning where she wouldn't do anything I asked her to and I finally snapped. I yelled at her, a few minutes later DH called to say he was coming home, I snapped at him and then to get some "fresh air" I went out to pick up the mail. In the mail was a birthday card from my grandmother who passed away a few weeks ago with a note from aunt which said that grandmother has asked her to continue the cards for the year. It doesn't help that my aunt's handwriting is IDENTICAL to my grandmother's. That was it, I was in tears when DH came home for more then one reason. One because I knew Grandmother was watching over me and trying to remind me that I'm a good mom and wife with the timing of her card. And that I'm sure with 9 kids and 37 grandkids she had days that were just as bad but she never let us know it. DH just held me and let me cry, even though they lived far away and we rarely saw them I'm realizing how much I miss just knowing she was there.

But...DH is home, A is napping and we're heading to a 2 year old's birthday party shortly. Then we're headed up to the cities for an adult's night out with old and great friends. So the day can, and will, only get better!