My blog has been so cheery lately, hasn't it?

I had a 62 year old uncle pass away of a heart attack on Saturday. No pre-existing conditions, no signs, no symptoms. He was out fishing with a buddy, they got him to shore very quickly and the EMT's were there very quickly, but they couldn't revive him. It happened the day after his wife's birthday, they have 5 kids, one of which is supposed to get married in about 3 weeks. He also has 6 grandkids.

My aunt had just retired a few weeks ago and a younger then usual age because he was 10-15 years older then her and they wanted to travel, etc.

I don't know what she is going to do, it sounds like she is just in a fog and her kids are too. I don't get to go to the funeral because the drive is putting to much stress on me, we were just in Kansas this last weekend and it must be the way I'm carrying him but the ride home was intolerable.

He was a tall lanky guy, never overweight, I think he still smoked but otherwise had no risk factors that I know of. Its just a very scary realization for me. That is 3 people all on the same side of the family since March, everyone is just a little freaked out by that.

So very, very sad.