So my IL's are here - you all know how much I LOVE them! We were having a random conversation about travel this morning and I made the comment that my dad had just gotten his first passport and was going to Nicaragua in March with my cousin's youth group. Then I said its a good thing, now we just need to get the rest of the family passports so we can go on the Alaskan cruise we want to go on in 2013 for my parents 40th wedding anniversary. I made the comment because if the cruise stops in Canada we would need them, or so I assume.

Anyway, MIL says well we've talked for years about going to Ireland/Scotland for our 40th in 2012. WHAT??? DH and I just kind of looked at each other and he finally said "all of us?" His mom looked at him like he had three heads. He then looked at me and said that is the first I've heard of it and I agreed with him. You would have thought someone had died, she couldn't believe we hadn't discussed this. Seriously?!?! Your son will have just finished 8 years of training and will be starting his first REAL job and you want to go to Ireland/Scotland in September. So we immediately told them maybe DH could negotiate some time off in July or early August or to start later but after that would be out of the question. Again, looked like we had killed someone. WTF?!?!?!

Give me strength to get through this weekend! I swear!