So DH's Chief year officially starts Monday but he's on Chief call this weekend so it really starts tomorrow morning. One of this year's chiefs is out of town for the weekend to support his wife running a marathon but will be back tomorrow and plans to round and get rid of as many of his patients as possible on Monday. He's a really good guy, I'm good friends with his wife and we're really going to miss them. The other current chief is a great guy but a terrible worker, he's just lazy and finds every way to get out of things. He called DH at 6 to sign out the services, DH is PISSED because he's not supposed to take over until tomorrow, the other chief says today was his last day and he has plans tomorrow. Those plans are his son's birthday party at 11am which I understand and I also knew about because I'm also good friends with his wife. This guy was supposed to be chief with DH and one other guy this coming year but is leaving a year early to do a fellowship elsewhere. It will make more work for DH and the other chief because there is only two of them but at the same time I know they and the other two residents who will take chief call are hard workers and in the long run I think it will be less or at least better work. In celebration I'm having a drink - oy vey!