If my DH makes it through this quarter I will be AMAZED! He has 11 in house patients, the other chief has ONE! Most of it is luck of the draw on who catches for the weekend but it also is because with the July 4th holiday DH caught two weekends in a row. He also found out that one of the PA's gave one of the staff a piece of her mind when he called DH lazy. ARE YOU FRICKIN KIDDING ME? DH still doesn't know who it was because he hasn't had time to have lunch with said PA but he has worked his ass off with four days off since June 19th and you're calling him lazy? I'll be very interested to find out who it was, I have my guesses but we shall see.

This past weekend the kids and I were out of town Friday morning until Monday afternoon but it wouldn't have mattered, he was working and the only night they would have gotten to see him was Sunday when he got home at 6pm. The weekend before that he was off but the weekend before that he went at 6am and came home at 6pm Monday! Today we went up to the office to have lunch with him because he's on a clinic day and we ran into one of the staff on the way to the hospital, I made the comment they hadn't seen their dad in 5 days and he looked puzzled and asked why. DH tried to laugh it off saying we were out of town and that he has 11 hospital patients while the other Chief has 1. I'm surprised he didn't say something to me on the way out about making that comment in front of a staff - oh well!

He is off this weekend which means he's only truly off Sunday but hopefully Saturday will be a short morning because the kids really need to spend some time with their dad. I walked into my bedroom last night after putting R to bed and A was laying on my bed talking to the picture of DH I keep on my nightstand. I thought it was cute, when I told DH he was sad. He's off the next 3 weekends and out of town for that last one for a class but hopefully we'll get to spend some quality time with him in the mean time.