Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Kind of ready to get this show on the road....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kind of ready to get this show on the road....

Okie dokie here's the scoop
    I know the baby will come when she is good and ready to, and I am actually at the point where I feel like she may never come and I am alright with that

However, I am curious to hear of the "things" or old wives tales that some of you have heard to get things moving along...

I have heard having sex helps... any other suggestions?

Crystal
    (dilated to a 1 with 2-3 weeks left to go- (sarcasticly thinking oooohhh!!!)
    Gas, and 4 kids

I know the baby will come when she is good and ready to, and I am actually at the point where I feel like she may never come and I am alright with that

However, I am curious to hear of the "things" or old wives tales that some of you have heard to get things moving along...

Crystal
    Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

Crystal
      Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

I think raspberry leaf tea is supposed to help in your situation. But it's something that I wouldn't take until I was 40 weeks along. Really, the baby will be here soon enough! I remember being soooo anxious to see the little faces of my twin girls. But when they came at 35+ weeks, I wished I had spent that time sleeping and not laying awake wondering and getting no sleep.

Raspberry leaf tea is not recommended for earlier in pregnancy, as it has a tendency toward inducing miscarriage (something to do with uterine contractions). If you are not yet full term, relax and enjoy the wait. Savour these last weeks with your baby inside you. Think of how easy it is to get into the car (relatively speaking, I know it's awkward) and go somewhere. No baby gear to pack, stroller, car seat, no schlepping around a mountain of stuff. Everything is all compact and in your belly. Enjoy your freedom! It's all about to change!

Comment

I think raspberry leaf tea is supposed to help in your situation. But it's something that I wouldn't take until I was 40 weeks along. Really, the baby will be here soon enough! I remember being soooo anxious to see the little faces of my twin girls. But when they came at 35+ weeks, I wished I had spent that time sleeping and not laying awake wondering and getting no sleep.

Raspberry leaf tea is not recommended for earlier in pregnancy, as it has a tendency toward inducing miscarriage (something to do with uterine contractions). If you are not yet full term, relax and enjoy the wait. Savour these last weeks with your baby inside you. Think of how easy it is to get into the car (relatively speaking, I know it's awkward) and go somewhere. No baby gear to pack, stroller, car seat, no schlepping around a mountain of stuff. Everything is all compact and in your belly. Enjoy your freedom! It's all about to change!

Comment

Comment

Crystal,

I hate to tell you this but I was dilated at 2 centimeters for 3 1/2 weeks before the baby had to be literally forced from his cocoon. I ****know**** that it feels like you have been pregnant forever by this time, but it really is such a short time to host a miracle within your own body. Babies tend to arrive on their own schedule regardless of what anyone else desires.

Good luck--it will be the happiest day of your life.

Kelly
              In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Crystal,

I hate to tell you this but I was dilated at 2 centimeters for 3 1/2 weeks before the baby had to be literally forced from his cocoon. I ****know**** that it feels like you have been pregnant forever by this time, but it really is such a short time to host a miracle within your own body. Babies tend to arrive on their own schedule regardless of what anyone else desires.

Kelly

Comment

Crystal,

Kelly

Comment

You I am not anxious to get her out just yet, because of the holidays and I have so much going on. I have just had the oddest pregnancy- it is so funny.... People told me early on or even before I got pregnant that people, and complete strangers, would be giving me advice left and right, touching my belly, I would be sick and tired of being pregnant by the last month, and you know- I have had the complete opposite happen- Haven't received any advice, people don't touch my belly, and I am not sick of being pregnant (although I am not excited about it- my only complaint is that I don't fall asleep at night within 1 min, it takes about 10 min of tossing a bit, and then I am sound asleep- I even sleep through the whole night.) A couple of my friends say I have the envious perfect pregnancy, if my only struggle is getting comfy at night.

I had just heard that there were ways to induce labor, I am actually the believer of letting nature take its course. She will come when she is good and ready to. Matt was curious as well. Now he is anxious to have her here (the truth is he wants the tax break lol) Just kidding.

As far as being dilated, to be honest, it does not provide much excitement in my life at this point. I just don't have my hopes up about having this baby this year. I kind of feel like the 18th of Jan will come and the doctor will induce me (that's the plan if I don't deliver by then). I was more excited about hearing that she had dropped than hearing I was 1-2 cm dilated.

I am just getting bored of reading about labor and delivery, and thought I would "look" into the old wives tales and what not. I am starting to know more about pregnancy, labor and delivery than my husband because of all of the reading I have done.

People tell me to relax, the thing is I don't know the concept of the word. Oh well, I will just have to come up with more projects to do!

Happy Holidays,
                    Crystal
                    Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

You I am not anxious to get her out just yet, because of the holidays and I have so much going on. I have just had the oddest pregnancy- it is so funny.... People told me early on or even before I got pregnant that people, and complete strangers, would be giving me advice left and right, touching my belly, I would be sick and tired of being pregnant by the last month, and you know- I have had the complete opposite happen- Haven't received any advice, people don't touch my belly, and I am not sick of being pregnant (although I am not excited about it- my only complaint is that I don't fall asleep at night within 1 min, it takes about 10 min of tossing a bit, and then I am sound asleep- I even sleep through the whole night.) A couple of my friends say I have the envious perfect pregnancy, if my only struggle is getting comfy at night.

I had just heard that there were ways to induce labor, I am actually the believer of letting nature take its course. She will come when she is good and ready to. Matt was curious as well. Now he is anxious to have her here (the truth is he wants the tax break lol) Just kidding.

As far as being dilated, to be honest, it does not provide much excitement in my life at this point. I just don't have my hopes up about having this baby this year. I kind of feel like the 18th of Jan will come and the doctor will induce me (that's the plan if I don't deliver by then). I was more excited about hearing that she had dropped than hearing I was 1-2 cm dilated.

I am just getting bored of reading about labor and delivery, and thought I would "look" into the old wives tales and what not. I am starting to know more about pregnancy, labor and delivery than my husband because of all of the reading I have done.

People tell me to relax, the thing is I don't know the concept of the word. Oh well, I will just have to come up with more projects to do!

Happy Holidays,
                      Crystal
                      Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

Happy Holidays,
                        Crystal
                        Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

Crystal,
                          I would go fot the sex!!! It worked twice for me. Of course, it was also my due date. Good luck.
                          Luanne

Luanne
                          wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Crystal,
                            I would go fot the sex!!! It worked twice for me. Of course, it was also my due date. Good luck.
                            Luanne

Luanne

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Crystal,
                              Luanne

Luanne

Comment

Working...
                              X