Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Vanquisher May Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heidi, I struggled with something similar for awhile. My shape changed before the scale showed a numbers drop. Don't forget too that exercise is good for your heart and overall health. The weight loss will come. Right now, you are replacing fat with shapely muscle! You go girl!

Kris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Originally posted by Vanquisher View Post
      Before today, I am up to 630 minutes for the month of May. This is the most I have consistently worked out (April and May) in my entire life. I have lost NO weight. I am being careful with what I am eating (around 1500 calories/day), and I have lost nothing. I want to cry. I definitely have more muscle, but I am frustrated to say the least. I am going to keep going, but I am starting to wonder why I bother. I was managing to lose nothing before I started working out 4-6 days a week, and I wasn't watching what I was eating. I hate my body.
      Exactly what Kris said, Heidi. It's not all about the weight (and I remind myself of that every time I step on a scale). People are still shocked if I tell them what I weigh, b/c my body doesn't look it. Muscle burns fat, and ... more importantly ... the movement / activity is just plain good for you. Remember if you're working out a lot, then you have to eat a LOT of protein or your body holds on to the fat instead.

Good for you for being consistent!!! It's never a bad thing!!!

Comment

Thanks guys. Intellectually, I know all that. It's just absurdly and monumentally frustrating. I haven't noticed any loosening clothes. I have lost some inches, but it's a little from everywhere. I tend to lose weight all over.

5/25 - ran/walked 3 miles in 42 minutes. 20 minutes of resistance training and weights.
        Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Originally posted by Vanquisher View Post
          T I tend to lose weight all over.
          I do too, and it's maddening, b/c I'm pretty sure I'm the only person who has noticed that my ankles and wrists are significantly smaller ...

I like to say "It's a work in progress, but there IS progress, and for that I'm grateful." No matter what the scale says or the tag in my pants says, I know that what I'm doing is making ME healthier, AND setting an example for my kids, and those are my biggest goals.

Comment

Go Heidi, go Heidi!!! I'm thrilled you're in a place in life where you can make time for you! Rock on girl! I'm cheering for you!
            -Ladybug

Comment

5/26 - 20 minute walk/run.

Comment

5/27 - 30 minute walk/run and 30 minutes resistance. 770 minutes total.

Comment

Keep it up! You're doing awesome!
                  Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

Walked for 40 minutes. Running total 810 minutes.

Comment

Working...
                    X