Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Peggy 2012 challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Total: 20 hours

Today 1 hr spinning plus 30 min weights/abs

Iced my knee with frozen peas. Things are going OK on that front-- but I still have not run for about 10 days.
    Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Veronica
      Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

20 min elliptical then I cheated on my recommended "no running for 2-4 weeks" and did 25 min on treadmill. Even though I told myself is avoid the treadmill lol! I did run a little slower and did less mileage. After about 1.5 mi my side started hurting and I was like "why the hell did I want to run??". Lol. My knee was ok- we will see if it's sore tomorrow. The PT recommended running at an incline (between .5-1) and that was interesting. Not so much harder bc it's not much of an incline, but a little different stride. More of a stride than a clump-clump-clump motion. It's a quieter stride. Try it-- if you do treadmill.

And then I did 45 min of weights. So 1.5 hours today.
        Peggy

Comment

Feb 4- spinning 1 hour plus 30 min abs.

Feb 5- elliptical 15 min, treadmill 30 min, and weights 45 min.

Feb 6- tried Zumba. 1 hour. It was kinda ugly bc I really can't dance lol! But I have a couple of friends going next week so I'll prob try again and see if I pick it up. A lot of pivoting though and that might not be smart given my knee issue...

Total to date : 25.5 hours
          Peggy

Comment

Feb 7- spinning and weights (abs mostly). Total 1.5 hours...

Total to date 27
            Peggy

Comment

How are you feeling? So funny, you avoid my fab. the elliptical like I avoid the treadmill! What do you think of the spinning?

Comment

Originally posted by Chrisada View Post
                How are you feeling? So funny, you avoid my fab. the elliptical like I avoid the treadmill! What do you think of the spinning?
                I'm feeling fine-- funny that my other knee sort of hurts now. Oh well. I have my PT exercises to do to strengthen my quads and that should help. My knee pain is sporadic and minimal now- I do ice after I run though. Frozen peas... My knees hurt a bit after Zumba-so I'm going to wait another week or so before I try that again. A lot of pivoting. I'm finding my athletics in the growing years probably did effect me-- all that volleyball!! Lots of jumping, quick bursts, etc etc.

Anyway...

To add to the log- Thursday feb 9- took dd in to get her signed up for the gym, which wasted 40 min of my workout (and chidcare) time. Oh well.

Ran for 35 min on treadmill, then 25 min weights. 1 hour total.

Saturday feb 11-- took my dh to my killer 1 hour spin class. Most classes are 45 min. Dh was sore!!! But he did well. Then I did some weights for 30 min. 1.5 hrs

Monday feb 13-- ran on treadmill for 45 min, then weights for 45. Total 1.5.

Peggy

Comment

went to the gym for spinning (45 min) and weights (45 min).

Total: 32.5 hours
                  Peggy

Comment

Total: 36 hrs

Th went to gym w dd16- I ran for 45 min then did weights with dd for 1:15

Sat spinning 1 hr and abs 30 min

My knee is hanging in there. Mild pain if I don't ice (oops) but no swelling. I think this is par for the course...

When I took dd16 into the gym we met w a personal trainer for about 2 min (orientation stuff for dd) and he said- "how are you two related?". I roll my eyes a little... "I'm her mother". He says "noooo, I thought you were sisters....". THAT'S how I know I'm looking my age these days lol. I never used to hear ultra cheesy lines like that!!
                    Peggy

Comment

Working...
                    X