Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

JDAZ11: My dress needs to fit - workout tracking thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JDAZ11: My dress needs to fit - workout tracking thread

Big day isn't too far away.... but I bought my dress about a year ago and really freaking hope it still fits! (I was looking at pics yesterday from the day I bought it... I looked super thin back then, oh crap!). I think I've probably gained only about 5lbs (although I think it looks like more), but loosing these 5lbs for me is always a HUGE struggle (usually cutting out the occasional glass or two of pino is the only thing that does the trick... so not fun!!!! and not happening if I can help it).

I usually track my workouts in various apps, but figured I would try starting a thread here so that I have them all in one place. (and bc I find it weirdly gratifying to track my progress, particularly since I don't have as much going on as usual). My goal is to make sure I'm working out at least 6 days a week between now and the wedding (and/or until I find a super demanding job... which sadly doesn't seem realistic at this point). I probably won't keep the tracking up (the whole calorie counting thing basically ended as soon as I realized I would have to weigh meat... gross)... but worth a try!

1/26 - Running 45min
    1/27 - Tennis 1 hr (lesson, hardly a workout); Running 40min
    1/28 - Running 35min
    1/29 - Snowshoeing 2.5 hrs (btw - this is a totally redic workout, absolutely recommend it to anyone living in a snowy location)
    1/29 - Skiing (probably about 5 hrs after adjusting for breaks/lifts)
    1/30 - Skiing (probably about 6 hrs after adjusting for breaks/lifts)
    1/31 - Running 45min
    2/1 - no idea
    2/2 - no idea
    2/3 - no idea (pretty sure I did something 2 out of these 3 days and just didn't record it anywhere)
    2/4 - Running 45min
    2/5 - Tennis 2hrs (singes); Running 35min
    2/6 - Spinning 45 min
    2/7 - Running 45min; Tennis 35min lesson (realistically wasn't much of a workout) & 1.5 hr ball machine
    2/8 - Running 1hr
    2/9 - Running 1hr; Tennis 1hr (ball machine)
    2/10 - Running 1hr 25min; Tennis serve practice 30min
    2/11 - Crazy 3hr hike (still having a hard time walking after this one!!!)
    2/12 - Tennis 2hrs (singles)
    2/13 - Tennis 2hrs (clinic - this actually felt like a pretty good workout... who knows if it was)
    2/14 - Tennis 2.5hrs (doubles 1.5hr, ball machine 1hr); Running 45min

Have recently had some rotator cuff issues (non dominant arm) and have had to shake up my routine a little (which has basically resulted in more time working out and probably fewer calories burned!). So I've been playing more tennis (because that's super good for rotator cuffs! HA! but it actually hasn't really bothered my left side) and doing less yoga/body conditioning classes. I can tell my body misses the yoga, but I still can't handle push-ups and just don't feel like I'm getting much out of the class if I skip them. On the plus side, tennis is way more social than yoga - I've been having a great time and I'm getting pretty into it. (it's been nice to finally feel excited about something I'm doing on my own since we moved... plus the weather is AMAZING here - finally!! - so it's nice to be outside. AND my gym has unlimited ball machine rental for $20/month, fantastic deal!).

2/15 - Tennis 1.5 hrs (ball machine... One that I didn't really know how to work properly, so wasn't super intense).

Comment

Totally eliminate carbs (including pino) for 2 weeks and you'll drop 3-8 pounds? It's not permanent WL, but it will works in a pinch to fit in a dress.
      -Ladybug

Comment

Originally posted by Ladybug View Post
        Totally eliminate carbs (including pino) for 2 weeks and you'll drop 3-8 pounds? It's not permanent WL, but it will works in a pinch to fit in a dress.
        Awesome tip. Carbs have always been my weakness and the pino is most likely the cause of my extra lbs. (I'm working out more than I have since college, so pretty sure it's a calorie in and not out issue). I was too busy for wine around the time I went dress shopping, so was at the lower end of my typical fluctuation. Anyhow carb elimination will definitely be my back up plan. Maybe I'll do a trial run before my first fitting to see how it goes. I tried giving up wine until the wedding... Unsuccessful!

Comment

I think I needed wine MORE right before our wedding.... Good luck, I am sure you will fit into it perfectly and look wonderful! I actually lost a ton of weight before we got married, but that's because I was studying for the bar and really only ate if someone placed food on top of my bar books. Not the healthiest thing but when it comes to the bar exam and your wedding I say do whatever it takes to get you through!

Comment

Originally posted by VinculumJuris View Post
            I think I needed wine MORE right before our wedding.... Good luck, I am sure you will fit into it perfectly and look wonderful! I actually lost a ton of weight before we got married, but that's because I was studying for the bar and really only ate if someone placed food on top of my bar books. Not the healthiest thing but when it comes to the bar exam and your wedding I say do whatever it takes to get you through!
            I totally agree about the bar! It was the best diet I've ever been on. I thought I may die, but I looked amazing as I was leaving that test Good thing I get to do that again in 2013! Oh fun!!

And thank you!! I hope you're right! Realistically I'm sure everything will be fine with the dress, I always worry about stuff like this. (keeps my mind off of real problems )

It felt so far away until about last week. And I can't believe my fitting is so soon!! My arm injury was sort of ill timed...and I love that our Costco has an awesome wine selection, but its kind of diet killer (this wine in the grocery store was totally new for us, we may have been a tiny bit too excited about it).

And i totally I agree... More wine may be necessary as it gets closer. I find wedding planning to be unnecessarily frustrating. But I'll cut it out of my diet soon.. Well soonish (I still have about 3 months...). Off to pour myself a glass since DF is working late!

Comment

2/16 - tennis 2hr 15min (1hr doubles; 45 min singles; 20min serve practice); 50 min elliptical.

Comment

2/17 - my run sucked today. I only ran about 2 miles, and then...Shin splints out of nowhere!! I decided to give up so I didn't make things worse. So i think today will count as my rest day.

At first I thought it was tennis, but that doesn't make much sense (I've been back into it for over a month without issue). So I've decided it may have been from trying on wedding shoes all day. This occasionally happens after I spend a long time in heels (apparently now any time in heels). Anyway, I hope that was the issue bc I really don't want to give either running or tennis up!

But I guess my dream jimmy choos with the 4 1/2 inch heel are going back. There is obviously no way I'd make it through the whole wedding in them! Bummer. (um wow, my life sounds super nice at the moment. I promise the all day tennis and shoe shopping thing is so not the norm!!).

Comment

2/18- Tennis 1hr (ball machine); failed run, still have the shin splints. It might be tennis, but I returned the shoes and found some with a 2inch heel anyway.

Comment

2/19 - Spinning (60min.. Really good instructor, best I've had since we moved. She only teaches the 5:30am class during the week. I should really try to push myself to make it to that one!!).

Supposed to play tennis with DF this afternoon, but looks like he will probably have a case bummer.

Comment

2/20 - Tennis (3hr, but pretty low impact. Clinic was mostly serving and then I practiced for an additional hour); spinning 45min (wasn't nearly as good as yesterday's class)

I finally went to PT. They don't think rotator cuff is torn and whatever they did already feels a little better. They also treated my shin splints a little while I was there! It's pretty expensive so not sure I will keep it up as long as I should (terrible insurance).

Comment

2/21- Tennis 2.5hrs (ball machine)

Comment

So I've gained about 3lbs since starting to track my workouts here!! I gave up wine and started tracking my food again... Awesome.

Comment

2/22- Spinning 1hr

Comment

2/23 - barre cardio class 1hr (great class, finally!!!).

DF bailing on our tennis date again tonight!!

Comment

Working...
                              X