Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

JDAZ11: My dress needs to fit - workout tracking thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2/24 - "barre blast" class 45min (eh, not all that great); camelback hike

Comment

ooh. I love camelback. I did a little of it last month when I was there. How far did you go? I don't remember, when is the big day?
      -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
      Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
      Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

Originally posted by L.Jane View Post
        ooh. I love camelback. I did a little of it last month when I was there. How far did you go? I don't remember, when is the big day?
        Awesome!! It is totally one of those things you need to do when you're in town! And its so nice this time of year!! I dragged my sister up in September (still over 100 that time of year)... I thought she was going to kill me!

DF and I did the cholla trail yesterday (parking is a disaster on the other side of the mountain). We live really close to camelback and try to get over there as much as possible. We've become quite the hikers since moving out here!
        He is a little nuts and would never let me stop before getting to the top. It (thankfully) became much easier after doing it a few times. I remember almost being in tears on the way down when we were out here visiting! I still sort of hate coming down, but am much more comfortable with it now.

A few weeks ago he convinced me to do what we call a "double dip" (over cholla, down echo, up echo, then back down cholla). It was horribly painful! I was sore for about a week. We are supposed to be "training" for a big grand canyon hike that his department does every year later in the spring.. We'll see if I actually go (it's 26 miles and apparently really steep... Eek!).

Comment

Do the Grand Canyon if you can, I lived in Flag for 3 years and never did, I regret it a little. And I love camelback too. You go with your working out though! And like L.Jane said, when's the big day again?

Comment

Originally posted by JDAZ11 View Post

DF and I did the cholla trail yesterday (parking is a disaster on the other side of the mountain). We live really close to camelback and try to get over there as much as possible. We've become quite the hikers since moving out here!
            He is a little nuts and would never let me stop before getting to the top. It (thankfully) became much easier after doing it a few times. I remember almost being in tears on the way down when we were out here visiting! I still sort of hate coming down, but am much more comfortable with it now.

A few weeks ago he convinced me to do what we call a "double dip" (over cholla, down echo, up echo, then back down cholla). It was horribly painful! I was sore for about a week. We are supposed to be "training" for a big grand canyon hike that his department does every year later in the spring.. We'll see if I actually go (it's 26 miles and apparently really steep... Eek!).
            OMG you are so effing brave. I am short so trying to get up the part with the railing that is basically a straight shot up is impossibly scary and I just can't do it. J got to the top, looked back and was like, aren't you coming... The hell no look on my face said it all. Although I did get a little further than i had the first time, so maybe if I kept going I would get over myself. I doubt it though.
            -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
            Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
            Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

Originally posted by L.Jane View Post
              OMG you are so effing brave. I am short so trying to get up the part with the railing that is basically a straight shot up is impossibly scary and I just can't do it. J got to the top, looked back and was like, aren't you coming... The hell no look on my face said it all. Although I did get a little further than i had the first time, so maybe if I kept going I would get over myself. I doubt it though.
              Well thank you! I'm really not brave though. It really is something you get used to. I was SO nervous about it at first!! (we don't have mountains like that back east!!).
              I did it a few times a week after the bar exam.. I thought I failed and perhaps was feeling a little reckless (so bad!), but after you do it a handful of times you start to trust your footing more. I still slip on the pebbles occasionally (we both do), and thankfully catch myself before falling... but there are helicopters flying up there all the time. People seriously hurt themselves on that hill!! Every single time I get a little nervous thinking about how stupid it is to risk falling or hurting myself... But I guess we know we aren't going to have an awesome mountain five minutes away forever.. So we're trying to take advantage!

And I know those railings well! There are some crazy people here that go up and down that side without using them... Nuts! But I think that side gets easier right after the railings (actually I think the beginning of that trail is the hardest part for some reason). Next time you're in town let me know! I'll convince you to keep going

Comment

2/25 - tennis 2hrs (followed by a few beers... so it basically cancels out).

Comment

Originally posted by VinculumJuris View Post
                  Do the Grand Canyon if you can, I lived in Flag for 3 years and never did, I regret it a little. And I love camelback too. You go with your working out though! And like L.Jane said, when's the big day again?
                  I LOVE flag!! We've only been up there about four times so far, but it's such a fun crunchy little town! Hard to believe its so close to phx, it's So drastically different.

I really do want to do the canyon hike while we're here... The only thing holding me back is the timing this year. I'm pretty sure it's the weekend before our wedding. My mom will totally freak the f' out if I hurt myself!! But I'm still seriously considering it. (DF will be on call that weekend next year, so it's my only chance to do it with the big group)... Will see.

Comment

And thank you for the motivation re: workouts... It's amazing how easy it is to get to the gym every day when you have absolutely nothing else going on, lol!!

Comment

2/26 - spinning 75 min (I'm exhausted! They do this crazy 2hr15min session at my gym on Sunday mornings. I had to stop, maybe I'll make it the whole time next week...).

Comment

2/27 - tennis clinic (2hrs); PT
                        2/28 - tennis singles (2.5hrs)

Comment

2/29 - nothing (oops)
                          3/01 - Pilates (1hr); Barre Cardio (55min); Tennis (1hr 25 min - low intensity)

Comment

3/2 - tennis (2hrs)

Comment

3/03 - nothing (which is bad, but I have a bad cold and may have a bit too much to drink the night before...)

3/04 - spinning (70min); tennis (2hrs)

Comment

3/05 - Tennis (2.5hrs)
                                3/06 - Pilates (1hr); Tennis (2hrs)

Comment

Working...
                                X