Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

early, on time, or late?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• early, on time, or late?

There are a few babies due here soon....

To all the moms out there...were you early, on time or late with your deliveries?

DD --- induced 12 days late (she was 9lbs 13 oz and 23" long -- OUCH)

DS --- induced at 40 weeks do to "history of large first child" (he was 9 lbs 4 oz)

I have no idea what going into labor feels like on my own!
    Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

~10weeks early
    Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

I don't know if I am a good marker for statistical analysis!

DS - Induced at 39 weeks due to unspeakable misery (7 lbs 6 oz.)

DD - Induced at 35 weeks 5 days due to unspeakable misery (7 lbs 4 oz.)

For a few weeks leading up to the dates of both of my inductions I was in hellish agony. Not that the rest of my pregnancy with either child wasn't complete torture to begin with.

Upon hospital admission I was preeclamtic with both children and my placenta was deteriorating significantly. I do not do pregnancy well, and hence, I shall never do it again!
      Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Perfectly on time at 40 weeks, 5 days.
        Alison

Comment

1st- 40w6d, induced (8 lbs even)
          2nd- 41w5d, not induced (8 lns 14 oz)

Oddly, I really don't care that I am destined to be pregnant for 10 months each time anymore. My induction experience was so painful (and looong- 31 hours), that I will happily carry my kid aother week if it means a less than 8 hour from first twinge-to-baby labor like my last one. In fact, DH has a big conference on March 3-7 this year (March 3rd is my due date). He refuses to go in case the baby comes, but I think he should, because I think the chances of me actually going close to my due date are so pathetically slim.
          Rebecca, wife to handsome gyn-onc, and mom 4 awesome kiddos: 8,6,4, and 2.

Comment

#1 - 39 weeks
            #2 & #3 - 34 weeks
            #4 - 40 weeks
            #5 - 39 weeks

I have to point out that, for varying reasons, every one of my births was induced.
            Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
            With fingernails that shine like justice
            And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

#1 40 weeks (She made a timely entrance on my due date) - 8lbs .3oz
              #2 39 weeks 5 days - 7lbs 5oz

I did not have to be induced for either of my kids. My water broke for my first and I went into labor with my second.
              Wife of Ophthalmologist and Mom to my daughter and two boys.

Comment

#1 40 weeks, 3 days
                #2 41 weeks, 1 day and induced
                #3 we will see!

I didn't mind being induced at all as that labor was soooooo much easier than the first. I think I just needed a little nudge and it was easier by virtue of being the second?

Comment

10 days early w/#1 - water broke
                  Induced 2 days before due date w/#2 b/c I begged.

Both labors were 15 hours total.

Comment

#1 39 weeks 1 day.....I went into labor and 14 hours later, with a very dense epidural (3 hours of pushing ) DS was born at 8 pounds 11 oz.

#2 39 weeks 5 days....after having my membranes stripped 3 or 4 times to help things along, I finally went into labor (started with really easy contrax, not uncomfortable at all) and after 4 fairly uncomfortable hours (epidural never progressed past my thighs so I had a spinal -- and got the dreaded headache later -- just prior to delivery) and just 2 pushes, DS #2 was born at 8 pounds, 5 ounces.

#3 38 weeks exactly. It had been 113 degrees outside for several days running, I had two little boys to chase after, and I had never been more uncomfortable in my life......whether it was the fact that I was in my thirties for this one, on my feet more, or just that it was my third.....I was miserable. DH had the weekend off, and I had been having a few contrax, so his partner broke my water on a Friday morning and sent me to L&D so that I could deliver and DH could be back at work on Monday morning. So much for the cush life of an attending! DS #3 was born at 8:00 Friday night, after a fairly comfortable course of labor, a ROCKING epidural, and 3 or 4 pushes, but no tears! He weighed 8 pounds and 10 oz.

Interesting note.....to this day, son #2 is the smallest of my boys statistically. Son #3 is by far the biggest, and I remember actually losing weight towards the end of my pregnancy with him because I had no appetite (not at all usual for me! ). However, the day before I started having contractions with him, I got really hungry and went to a Golden Corral (the boys were in heaven, though ) and ate turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, steak, a pork chop......stuff I never get hungy for, least of all in the middle of a heat wave. I ate until my head started sweating, had no interest in dessert (also extremely unusual for me) went home, had my first full night's sleep in a week, and had a baby the next day.

Sally
                    Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Oh boy, labor does not look like something I'm going to particularly enjoy.

Were your husbands' work schedules accomodating?
                      married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Originally posted by alison
                        Were your husbands' work schedules accomodating?
                        Since I was at the same hospital as him...they let him hang out in my room until they needed him...but really who 'needs' an intern only 2 months outta med school??? So he stayed with me except for rounds.
                        Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

induced with ds--ended up with a c-section. 9.1 lbs, around due date.

planned section with dd#1 so dh could take time off of school. 7.14 lbs. two weeks before due date.

planned section with dd#2 for same reason. 8.0 lbs. one week before due date.
                          ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

DS #1 & #2: 8 weeks early

Jodi

Comment

The Dude was 9 weeks early. I wasn't there so I can't say much about it except that of the two mothers, I think I got the better deal. She got the pregnancy and delivery and I got the Dude.

Jenn

Comment

Working...
                              X