Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

so what is the going rate for a tooth these days?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used to get a quarter, then fittycent, then a dollar....I think I'll go with the golden dollar theme....but we're a bit aways from that.

Heidi: IOUs....I love it!
    Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

I used to get $1 for a small tooth, $2 for a molar.
      married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

I clearly grew up in the wrong country. Nikolai is one lucky Russian.

Comment

Originally posted by Vishenka69
          should I assume that there is no Russian Tooth Fairy?

Comment

Originally posted by Genivieve
            German kids have a little box where they keep their teeth after they've fallen out. Dh's mom brought his when she visited last.
            married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Uh-oh I must be one bad Mommy. We leave $5 per tooth. Last week My oldest DD who is 9 lost 5 teeth in one day. No you didn't read that wrong 5 in one day. Of course I called her dentist panicked and he said it was normal. I had to ask her if the tooth fairy could write her a check? Of course she wants to use her money to buy a new frog. We have 3 already I don't think we could handle more.

Comment

Got the coins. Apparently my bank doesn't "always" have them, and some other mom had called about getting them today. They'd been calling around to banks to find who has 'em, and I ended up in line after a woman who had turned in all sorts of change. I got $10, which should be sufficient. I'm assuming this starts out slowly.

Comment

It starts slowly....but with those two boys so close in age, I bet you will have some big "tooth" seasons in you house! It gets hard when they can't chew because of the loose teeth. You might spend the summer avoiding corn and apples.
                  Angie
                  Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                  Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

That's actually how we figured out what was going on. Jacob was upset b/c he couldn't bite into a plum. My mind went first to panic (we've just changed insurance and I had no idea of what dentist I could take him too), and then I touched it and it moved. Silly newbie mommy!

Comment

Originally posted by Genivieve
                      There is something similar now (due to popularity of American cable channels) but there wasn't when I was little.

Comment

Originally posted by "alison

German kids have a little box where they keep their teeth after they've fallen out. Dh's mom brought his when she visited last.
                        I had a box when I was a kid. In fact, I still have it- I was painted yellow with a picture of the sun. I received a dollar back in 1979 because "the fairy was busy that night, and maybe she will have more time tomorrow". Mom guilt made me one rich 4 year old!!!

Comment

I fear our family tooth fairy was a bit on the cheap side!

I used to get 20c for small teeth and 50c for molars.

Comment

My girls got $1 and a new tooth brush for each tooth.
                            Luanne
                            wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Working...
                            X