Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Pregnant women update...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All pregnant women have reason to be tired! I have another update--no more work for me...I am officially on bedrest for preeclampsia and will probably be induced in 2 weeks! Just mild preeclampsia but still enough to be concerned....hope you guys are doing well. Take care!

Comment

I can't bend over far enough to get my shoes on!

Jennifer
      Needs

Comment

The anonymous guest post was me. Don't know why it posted that way. Hope everybody is doing well!!

Comment

Marla-

How high was your BP? How are you feeling? I think bedrest would drive me nuts.... I hope the two weeks go fast.
          Mom to three wild women.

Comment

Thank you! It wasn't that it's gone extremely high (highest 150/75)--but I had the upward trend in my BP, plus the protein in the urine and the swelling in my feet/ankles. My friends call them "cankles" because my calves go straight to my feet!

I feel ok--just REALLY tired most of the time (guess that's not too unusual at this stage). I collect more urine and go back on Fri to be checked. Sounds like I'm headed for an induction at 37 weeks (2 weeks from now!)
            I'd much rather be at home with a baby instead of at home lying here using my time off of work with no baby, so I hope my ob gives the go ahead this week.

I hope your pregnancy is going well! Take care.

Marla

Comment

Oh wow, Marla...I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you're feeling ok! I think 2 weeks of bed rest would drive me nuts too!!!! Will the hospital give you paid leave for this or will this come out of your maternity leave?

Keep us updated on how you are doing.....
              ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
              ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Out of my maternity leave... So right now I am draining my Paid time off bank and then I move to my sick bank. After that, short term disability kicks in (after delivery). I have time saved up, but still...I guess the thought of going back to work with slim to nil time off left in my bank is sort of depressing, not to mention a little scary! Hopefully I will be able to cut my hours eventually and this won't be much of an issue. Right now, I just want to make sure I am induced in a couple weeks so this isn't just some "vacation" where I lay like a beached whale on the couch all day!

Hope everything is going well with you and everybody else!

Comment

First of all, what are the updates? I know that Jlynn had her baby, but did anyone else yet?

I have to add my name to the list of pregnant, at least I believe so, so says the EPT test... I *think* that the due date is sometime in late May. The problem is that we were moving, and I didn't have my calendar with me, so I never marked my exact date of my last menstrual, so... Then of course we were not trying to get pregnant, far from it, but I of course was off by 1 week in my "mental" menstrual cycle calendar. Anyway, this is probably not the best method of birth control available on the market, but...

So basically I am *I think* about 6 weeks along. I had a miscarriage about 1 year ago at 8 weeks, so I am definitely keeping my fingers crossed and am praying a lot!

This will be our 4th child 8O 8O 8O and I will be only 28 when baby is born! Older sis Kate will be 8, and older sister and older brother Isabel and Steven will be almost 3. DH will be just wrapping up his first year of medical school at USUHS.

If we can possibly figure out the birth control thing, I think that this will be our last child!

Anyway, congratulations to those of you out there who are pregnant, and if you're not far along be bold anyway and post the news!

Peggy
                  Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Congratulations Peggy! How are you feeling?
                    Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Congratulations Peggy. How is everyone else doing?"
                      Luanne
                      Luanne
                      wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

YEAH, Congrats, Peggy! Another mom of 4

How are you feeling?

kris
                        ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                        ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Thanks everyone! I'm still feeling a bit overwhelmed 8O (a sense of doom?) but of course pregnancy is so exciting . It's taking a while to get used to the idea, but I've heard that the first 2 years of med school at USUHS is the "best time" to have a baby, so... I just hope it is just A baby, and not twins...(I have been having my "double sneeze" syndrome, which I have only ever experienced before when I was pregnant with Steven and Izzy-- it is when I sneeze but before I finish one, I have to sneeze again, so it's a rapid fire double sneeze. Very strange.) I don't have morning sickness yet, but I kind of feel like I'm on the brink of it all day long, and I am so exhausted that I take a nap every day, and I have never been a napper!

What about any other updates out there? :
                          Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

I'll add an update. I'm in week 11 and am starting to feel a little better during the day. I never have thrown up but I have just felt kind of hungover all day long since week 6. I think I'm showing a lot sooner with this one, too. I can still wear my low-rise jeans but my belly sticks out over the top. I think I have put on about 5 lbs. I don't know if that is normal or not. Thursday we go to hear the heartbeat and I'm excited about that and keeping my fingers crossed that there is only one little heartbeat in there. There is no history of twins in my family but still I'm a little paranoid. My husband is busy planning, we have bought a bigger vehicle and we're trying to figure out where we are going to put everyone in our 3 bedroom house which is totally maxed out for space. Our 3 year old is desperate for another sister so we're trying to prepare her for the possibility of a brother just in case.
                            Peggy, you're "double-sneeze" thing is funny! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that it isn't another set of twins--what are the odds of that by the way?
                            Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

OK Sue, I have put on 5 lbs. since you got pregnant, explain that !!!

Amy is 20 and Caroline is 18, I should not be gaining weight. Congrats to all of you.
                              Luanne
                              Luanne
                              wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Congrats, Peggy, happy to see that you've added your name to the expecting pool. That is a funny story about the "double sneeze"...I've never heard that before.

Kelly
                                In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Working...
                                X