Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Did my kid just say that?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The two-yr-old just touched my newly straight hair (it's usually in a curly ponytail) and said "Oh yeah!!" And the four-yr-old of course told me how beautiful my hair is. I get a "Mommy you're beautiful!" about every other day from him. I love having boys!

Comment

DD1 has been having a series of brain farts, lately. In the pool the other day DS almost headbutted her while doing his best kraken impersonation (thank you, Pirates of the Caribbean), and DD1 yelled, "Hey, don't butt face me!"

Um, almost, but not quite, kiddo.

Comment

BabyK caught me as I was getting out of the shower this morning. He reached up and said "Whoa, boobies! Wow!" ...Come to think of it, that may have been his first sentence.
        Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

DH took the younger two kids to lunch and a movie today while I finished up school crap shopping with the teenager. As they were walking into 5 Guys Burgers, DS announces, "I'm lactose intolerant to peanuts, dad."

Comment

Originally posted by MrsK View Post
            BabyK caught me as I was getting out of the shower this morning. He reached up and said "Whoa, boobies! Wow!" ...Come to think of it, that may have been his first sentence.
            Hilarious! They all start out as boob men!
            Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

This is a brag... My M can say "throw away" (as in take something to the garbage can) in three languages.
              married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Maggie scolded Kenny yesterday and was trying to explain the appropriate behavior to him. Ella and I were dying laughing as he repeated every word. He is a great little brother!
                Veronica
                Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

"Mom! Look at that tiny little man!"
                  Awesome.

We were at the grocery store when DS was about 4 y/o in AZ during mid-fall when all the snowbirds were coming into town. Every little old lay we walked by he'd say, "Grandmama," because all little old ladies in his mind were grandmas. We were in one aisle and he's listing off all the little old ladies, "Grandmama ... grandmama ... grandmama ..." when one little old lady comes up and tells me how sweet it is that dude thinks he's her grandma. I didn't point out that he just thinks she's old.

So we keep on walking, little dude talking to EVERYONE and he starts up listing all the old ladies again. I'm half ignoring him until I hear, "Grandmama ... grandmama ... grandmama ... SANTA?!" Looking up, there's an older, heavy-set man with a very long white beard wearing bright red suspenders. He laughed, winked at DS and asked if he was being a hood boy.

So, now we know that Santa is a snowbird who winters in AZ.

Comment

Lol
                    Veronica

Comment

BabyK (20 months) has a play Shabbat set with plush candlesicks, challah, kiddish cup, and wine bottle. He pretends to light candles, pour wine, recite blessings, etc. Yesterday, he was pretending to drink from the bottle. He'd take a drink, then pass the bottle to K2 (2 months) and give him a swig, then back to himself. Apparently, BabyK likes his women and his drink...and he cannot wait to corrupt his brother.
                      Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

LOL He's a 20 month old frat boy!
                        Veronica

Comment

Originally posted by alison View Post
                          This is a brag... My M can say "throw away" (as in take something to the garbage can) in three languages.
                          Most impressive!!
                          Tara
                          Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

This morning it was very foggy out. I was telling my dad about how Sophie says it is "froggy" out. She interrupted me to say, "Actually, I sayed 'it's super-duper froggy.'" I just about died laughing at the correct usage of "actually".
                            Kris

Comment

I love these!

Last night DH came home and we were talking about the DC area earthquake. He commented that he couldn't figure out why everyone was "all atwitter" since it wasn't a big one (yes, we're jaded having grown up in the shadow of Mt. St. Helens). DD1 looked mortified and said, "Um, why do *you* have a Twitter account, dad?"

Sigh. No, Em. That isn't what we were talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by HouseofWool View Post
                                This morning it was very foggy out. I was telling my dad about how Sophie says it is "froggy" out. She interrupted me to say, "Actually, I sayed 'it's super-duper froggy.'" I just about died laughing at the correct usage of "actually".
                                Love her!
                                Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Working...
                                X