Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Did my kid just say that?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*driving in car*

Julia (4 yo): "Mom, you know how sometimes when I talk to Lucy and Isabel and they don't want to talk and roll their eyes?"

Me; "yes...."

Julia: "Well, I've been practicing. Can you tell me if I'm doing it right?"

Me: "OK. Let's see it."

Julia makes crazy bug eyes. LOL. I give her a whole eye rolling lesson and feedback. Her teacher is gonna love me!!!
    -Ladybug

Comment

Originally posted by Ladybug View Post
      *driving in car*

Julia (4 yo): "Mom, you know how sometimes when I talk to Lucy and Isabel and they don't want to talk and roll their eyes?"

Me; "yes...."

Julia: "Well, I've been practicing. Can you tell me if I'm doing it right?"

Me: "OK. Let's see it."

Julia makes crazy bug eyes. LOL. I give her a whole eye rolling lesson and feedback. Her teacher is gonna love me!!!
      Lol. My 4 year old girl has mastered the eye roll whereas the 10 year old looks like he is having a seizure when he attempts it.
      Kris

Comment

Driving around on Sunday in hopes that DD3 will finally fall asleep. "Mommy, you're going the wrong way like Daddy."

In reference to her brother, "If he has teeth why is he still little?"

Comment

Originally posted by Vishenka69 View Post
          In reference to her brother, "If he has teeth why is he still little?"
          This is going to bite me in the butt, too - it's our go-to for why H can't have/do things that A can

Wife of a PGY-4 Orthopod
          Jen
          Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

Dd is about 16.5 months

Grandma: Minnie do you want a hot dog?
            Minnie: woof woof.

Wife to PGY4
            Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

While on FaceTime with great-grandma: "All done talking grape-dan-ma. Sowwy."
              Jen
              Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

Originally posted by SuzySunshine View Post
                13 & ST - those are really funny. I hope you're writing them down somewhere
                I have an app called My Kid Said where I write down funny quotes an stories. Because I'm paranoid about losing things, I also email them to myself from the app. (I think I should just skip a step and email it directly...)
                Laurie
                My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Some of you probably read about this one on my FB feed. Yesterday, K2 (2yo) and I were chatting after pre-school:

Mommy: What did you eat for lunch today?
                  K2: Crocodiles. I ate it. I ate a crocodile.
                  Mommy: Oh, how did it taste? (Fully expecting my kid who is obsessed with chicken to say "tastes like chicken.")
                  K2: It was yucky. I didn't like it.
                  Mommy: So, I guess you won't be eating crocodile again?
                  K2: No. I ate it all. There's no more. I ate the whole crocodile.
                  Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

I just got home from parents' night at the boys' school. They have been there less than a week since we started late. I was not surprised to hear that K1's classmates have all told their parents stories about the new kid. He's making friends easily and he's already been invited to a birthday party. Here's the kicker: Before I left, I asked him if he wanted me to discuss anything with his teacher. He told me he wants me to ask whether he can bring in pickles to share with his new friends. He's been talking about this for the last couple days. So much so that on my way out the door tonight, DrK reminded me to "be sure to ask about the pickle party." So, I asked. Apparently, the pickle party is something that K1 has suggested, daily, during circle time each of the last three days he's been there and his teachers were wondering where he got this weird idea and why he keeps asking them to eat pickles with him. I. Have. No. Clue. The only thing I can guess is that he's discovered the universal truth that all three year olds like pickles and he's hoping that bringing in pickles for the class will win him new friends. Most kids would bring candy, right? In any event, his teachers have okayed the pickle party. So so weird.
                    Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

That is hysterical!
                      Kris

Comment

...I kind of want to throw a pickle party now...

Comment

I want a pickle now.
                          Veronica
                          Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

He's hilarious! I'm pretty much addicted to these pickles: http://www.janspickles.com/order/pro...y-garlic-dill/. I refuse to pay that much, but my MIL also loves them, and she buys them for me sometimes. They're amazing.
                            Last edited by ladymoreta; 10-03-2013, 10:51 PM. Reason: Wrong link
                            Laurie
                            My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

"New car. Fun."
                              Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

"Daddy weigh" which we didn't understand the first 10 times. Then she went to the top of the stairs and said "Daddy go weigh self downstairs basement. You (but she really meant herself) watch." Are we that boring that the poor kid enjoys watching C stand on the scale???

Wife of a PGY-4 Orthopod
                                Jen

Comment

Working...
                                X