Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Funny...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funny...

Just thought I'd share this very funny announcement from my brother and SIL-

Jenn

***FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE***

MARTINS BREEDING; SHOE-SHOPPING, PLASTIC SURGERY PLANS TEMPORARILY HALTED

Names under consideration include Jack, Jill, Bobby-Jerry, Jerry-Bobby and Manolo

BETHESDA, MD -- Barbara and John Martin, married for eight years today,
    have announced that they will be passing on their neuroses and vices to a
    whole new generation. The Martins are pregnant, and have a due date of May 10, 2004.

After the discovery was made about eight weeks ago, and following two days of complete shock-induced silence, Mr. Martin was seen running in circles, arms flailing, screaming, "I SHOT!!! I SCORED!!GOOOOOOAAAAL!!!"
    for approximately three days. When his wife began to appear with bags of new clothing accompanied by the line, "Nothing fits me anymore," however, his celebration was replaced with grave fear of the shopping still in store.

"I can't believe the cute maternity clothes available!" said Mrs. Martin,
    arms loaded while strolling the Galleria at Tysons' Corner, also known as
    her adopted homeland. "Plus I'll have to get new makeup as, well, I
    deserve it, plus with new outfits come new shoes..." she said as she ducked to the nearest bench to put her head between her knees while eating a Saltine.

Current symptoms of Mrs. Martin's include consistent nausea, fatigue and
    constant wearing of cranky pants. Three months ago, she also suddenly and inexplicably became obsessed with cooking and became a great parallel parker, both previously cited as a weaknesses of hers.

"It's amazing--it's like suddenly, I've supposedly turned into the Bruce
    Willis character from Unbreakable"said Mr. Martin from his McLean office.
    "Now, whenever I have an ailment, the sniffles, anything at all, and happen to mention it, my wife immediately retorts, 'Oh really? You poor thing. Did I happen to mention that I'm pregnant?' at which point I've learned that all complaining on my part must instantaneously cease. As far as she's concerned, I have a problem-free existence. I'm so happy to be a part of this," he concluded through gritted teeth.

John will be available in his basement with his saving grace, the DirecTV
    NFL Football package, for the remainder of the fall and winter. Depending
    on his wife's mood come spring and the state of the Pittsburgh Penguins and Pirates, this may remain his place of residence through late April.

That is really funny. Congratulations to them and to you, the aunt-in-waiting! How nice that you are close to them now instead of still in Texas.

Sally
    Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

I love the "vices and neuroses" part, and the "constant wearing of cranky pants."

Aunthood rocks! Yay.
      Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
      Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
      Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

That's cute--at first I thought it was just a funny little spoof about expecting parents, I didn't catch that it was actually your brother and sister-in law! That's a cute way to announce a pregnancy!
        Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Very, very cute! Congrats to the happy couple!

Kelly
          In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Thanks for the good wishes! We're all pretty excited about little JackJill! I'll admit that I did have quite a pang when they first told us (remember, I'm the oldest) but I'm over it now and ready to be the "cool" aunt.

Jenn

Comment

Congratulations to you, Aunt Jenn! Being here in the DC area, you'll be able to be very involved in your niece/nephews life! that's so cool! My sis is having a baby in December but I don't know when I'll get to meet her! Oh well! That's my life now!
              Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Working...
              X