Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Another embarassing moment.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another embarassing moment.

Yesterday I went back to bed after I got Andrew and Amanda off to school. Thomas let me sleep and took care of getting Alex off to preschool...including packing his lunchbox: "No, honey, you sleep...I'll do it" So I went to pick him up and the teacher met me with this:"Well, he ate the pink cupcake and that chocolate sandwich...and drank his juice...but he left the chocolate cupcake and the chips in his lunchbox" 8O HUH??????

So I stumbled all over myself explaining that my HUSBAND had packed the lunch and not me This woman is actually one of the parents who takes care of the kids from 11.30-12.30 after preschool ends when there is free playtime. She is a NUTRITIONIST for Gods' sake...a NUTRITIONIST. 8O

I'm so embarassed. I asked Thomas why he packed that stuff in the lunchbox...his answer? "Alex wanted it!!!"

Good Grief.

kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

We don't have kids yet - but that sounds like something my husband would do too!
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Ah, kids, they do teach us humility.

I accidently gave my son a black eye last night when I tripped over his super hero friends and caught my heal on his eye. You'd better believe taht the first thing out of his mouth at the sitter's this morning: "Mommy gave me a black eye last night" with the evidence to prove it. I fully expect a call from Saint Paul's finest tonight.

Kelly
      In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Yes, she has to be a nutritionist. And not the owner of, say, a bakery or candy store. That is too funny!

btw, what is a chocolate sandwich? Sounds yummy!

Comment

Did I already post this..... I can't remember....here goes.

We had one of our bathrooms re-tiled recently, and it is right outside my younger two boys' bedroom. While the guys were working, I had to change Nathan's diaper. It was dirty and EVERYWHERE, so I was patiently holding my breath and cleaning all of his "parts" when he started yelling repeatedly at the top of his lungs "No, mommy, not my PENIS!" All work/noise from the bathroom stopped for an instant, and then started up again furiously, but I heard them snickering anyway.

Sally
          Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Kris, Kelly, and Sally, you're stories have me laughing out loud! Kris, I feel like what I pack my children for lunch is a direct reflection on myself as a mother (which is so silly, but I can't help it!) and I'm already stressing out about what the grandparents or my husband will pack them when I'm out of commission when the baby comes. One day, Sydney snuck frosting and chocolate candy into her lunch...I was so embarassed. Her teachers don't comment, they just sent the two items back home with her. Last week she had the lid to the syrup in there, oh well! They probably think I'm a nut!
            Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

I have nothing to add, but these stories are tooooo funny!
              Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

I'm so glad I'm not alone in my daily routines of chaos and embarrassment! We have to be careful with our three year old these days as he is a sponge and repeats everything. I can rely on Aidan to "tell on me" the minute his daddy walks through the door at night! "Daddy," he once called to Chad months ago during full-on potty training mode, "I pooped on the floor and Mommy wasn't happy! Are you happy, Daddy?!" Sheesh.

Comment

Hey...I just HAD an Aidan!!!! He is almost 3 months old

kris

Comment

Here's another one

I thought I'd add one more to the mom hall of shame post. My daughter had Brownie's tonight...and they made these little water balloon/dog things...basically, a water balloon half-filled with water and tied to a rubber-band string. The leader called them 'weenie-dogs'...so my daughter started shouting out "Look everyone, I have a big weenie"

kris

Comment

Working...
                    X