Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Stocking Stuffers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stocking Stuffers

Okay, throw ideas at me. What do you do for stocking stuffers?
    Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

For who?

DD4 is getting bath teas and other girly girl things.

DS11 is getting some stick on mustaches from Old Navy.

Both are getting the stuff like snack packs of Nutter Butter cookies that were a buck at Walmart, pez dispensers, etc.
    Kris

Comment

For DH, so far I've got car magazine, chocolate covered espresso beans, peanut butter cups and a chamois for washing the car. Obviously, he's a gear head dude.

Kids get candy, chocolate covered orange, real orange, a set of cookies I make when they aren't around and bath bombs from Lush and banangrams (her) And stuffed black knight from Monty Python and GoT wall poster (him).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
      Last edited by Sheherezade; 12-19-2013, 11:53 AM.
      Angie
      Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
      Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Favorite candy, lotto tickets, bath toys (for the kids...seriously folks!), crayons, holiday socks, ornament (since the stockings stay hung in our house, it's always been safer).

Wife of a PGY-4 Orthopod
        Jen
        Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

Originally posted by HouseofWool View Post
          For who?

DD4 is getting bath teas and other girly girl things.

DS11 is getting some stick on mustaches from Old Navy.
          DD (3.5) is golden, she's easy - nail polish, hair ties with flowers hot-glued on, jewelry.
          DS(10 months) is going to get a ball, something random to chew on and something I pull out of the obscure kitchen drawer and wrap.

DH is tough, MIL & FIL are impossible.

I also told DH that I was not going to fill up my own, it was his job (he has this weekend off) so we'll see how that goes.

Comment

They are each getting a movie, R is getting a KU train for his train track, A is getting a Hello Kitty necklace. DH is getting a t-shirt I had a friend make about the Geico/Hump Day commercial.

They'll get other stuff, including way to much candy, at the IL's so we don't do candy here.
            Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Ha. I was thinking of the same topic .

O's stocking has: a hot wheels cars, harmonica, water whistle, slide whistle, some favorite candy including gold coins, tin wind up train.

Dh has : favorite candy, nerf gun with bullets. I'm lost on what else to put in there.

Mine: some chocolates, an owl nesting doll, small word find book and some favorite socks.

Os was the easiest to stock by far! When I asked dh for ideas he kept suggesting stuff that would never fit in a stocking. Thanks buster!
              Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

I haven't thought of anything for DH.

N is getting Lip Smackers (she steals my chapstick and is really into makeup) and hair detangling spray (she steals mine...seeing a trend...and has wicked bedhead in the morning)

Baby Jason also has a stocking this year. I'm thinking of getting him Tums
                Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Toothbrush, floss, warm socks, chapstick, chocolates

~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                  ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

ooo I should grab some Sooner nicknacks while we are in OKC!
                    Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Stocking Stuffers

DH has mini whiskey bottles. My parents have solar phone rechargers that we got at a promotional event last year that I want them to keep in their cars for safety reasons (in case they ever go off the road with a dead phone, they can put in the sun and call out after a couple hours...)
                      Last edited by Mrs. MD, Esq.; 12-19-2013, 01:34 PM.

Comment

I haven't gotten stuff for DH yet but he'll be getting candy, gum, chapstick, pens, deodarant (I swear the guy uses his up faster than anyone!), lottery scratchers, and I don't know what else :/ His stocking is really big!
                        Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, but learning to dance in the rain.

Comment

Originally posted by scrub-jay View Post
                          DH is tough, MIL & FIL are impossible.
                          Stockings? For grandparents?? I'm still wrapping my head around stockings for adults at all...in my house it was a kids' treat to distract them from presents on Christmas morning. An orange in the toe, a whole lot of uncracked nuts, a chocolate Santa, and a few small wrapped gifts.
                          Alison

Comment

Originally posted by spotty_dog View Post
                            Stockings? For grandparents?? I'm still wrapping my head around stockings for adults at all...in my house it was a kids' treat to distract them from presents on Christmas morning. An orange in the toe, a whole lot of uncracked nuts, a chocolate Santa, and a few small wrapped gifts.
                            Oh in my family, every person and pet gets a stocking. No joke.

Comment

My parents never had stocking for themselves, just seems right to have them in our family though. Maybe if we had more than one kid we wouldn't. Just seems weird to have only one stocking up.
                              Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

Working...
                              X