Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Bonehead things people say to expecting and new parents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congratulations, Fluffhead!

Some people have a lot of nerve, saying all these things!

Comment

Congratulations Fluffhead!!!!!!! I miss babies, I'll have to enjoy all of your's. I have to agree the when are you due? when you gave birth 6 months prior really sucks.
      Luanne
      Luanne
      wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

My favorite- You are having twins right?
        Mom to three wild women.

Comment

Originally posted by suwannee
          My favorite- You are having twins right?
          I forgot about that one! I heard that with this last pregnancy. Or, "Are you sure it's not twins?"

Comment

I missed this thread--- first congrats to fluffhead!

most ridiculous statements came after my boy/girl twins were born:

1) are they identical?
            2) they can't be twins. he is soooo much bigger. (this was said very accusingly, like I was playing a joke on the inquisitive person at Costco)
            3) did you use fertility drugs? (this always is from a complete stranger--stll get that question lots)

Can't remember more at this time--- I think that's a good thing!

Jenn- I am HORRIFIED at some of the comments you've received! Some people...
            Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Most bonehead thing anyone ever said to me post-partum:

I had just given birth to my twins six weeks early. They were both in the NICU (where they remained for two weeks) while I was discharged from the hospital. I religously went to the NICU twice a day every day for the duration of their stay. During one of these first trips (while I was still recovering from toxemia among other pregnancy/labor-related trauma) I was sitting in a wheelchair by the entry to the hospital emergency room on a weekend day while my mother (who drove me there - I wasn't physically able to drive yet) parked the car. A security guard looking to be in his late fifities-early sixties approached me and asked if I was in labor. I told him, "No, I just gave birth two days before." He looked at me increduously and said, "In the old days women just gave birth in the field and went back to work." I was kind of mad at that point and said, " In the 'old days' BOTH of my babies would be dead along with me! I am about to visit them in the NICU." It shut him up.

Jennifer
              Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
              With fingernails that shine like justice
              And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

Oh, I just remembered a comment I often got from people when I was pregnant with the fourth kid (after I had a singleton pregnancy followed by a twin pregnancy): "Hee hee. You had one the first time, two the second time, and I bet you'll have triplets the third time!" Believe me, that was NOT funny. I really had a truly horrific twin pregnancy and I know very few women who have given birth to multiples who had pleasant pregnancy experiences.

Jennifer
                Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
                With fingernails that shine like justice
                And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

Working...
                X