Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Who's pregnant right now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congratulations!!!!! Wow, that must have been a shock....How did you finally realize that you were pregnant?????????

kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Originally posted by Flynn
      We are thrilled of course but it was kind of funny to be so shocked at first. I mean with my DH's hours, the odds of this happening is SO LOW!!! We were trying to think of WHEN this could have happened!! Ha ha!!
      (Pssst, DH is not necessary: posting on this board causes pregnancy. It's "something in the water." 8O Strange but true--ask anyone here. :P )
      Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
      Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
      Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

Wow, congratulations!! I'm also curious to hear how you managed to get this far along without knowing, and how you finally found out!
        ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
        -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Fantastic news! When is your edd?

Kelly
          In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Congratulations!!!! What an exciting surprise!

Sally
            Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is too funny.
              Luanne
              Luanne
              wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

congratulations! keep us updated!
                Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Congratulations! That is really funny. Glad to hear you solved your midriff mystery.

Comment

Wow!!! That is fantastic---I can't wait to see how far along you actually are! Congratulations!!!
                    Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Originally posted by Flynn
                      We are thrilled of course but it was kind of funny to be so shocked at first. I mean with my DH's hours, the odds of this happening is SO LOW!!! We were trying to think of WHEN this could have happened!! Ha ha!!
                      It's the immaculate conception!

Congratulations - and I'm glad you figured out why your midsection was expanding!

Jennifer
                      Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
                      With fingernails that shine like justice
                      And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

Congratulations!!

Jennifer
                        Needs

Comment

Yeah, I feel pretty dumb now. I had a birthday recently (the OVER 30 kind ) and had to exchange some pants because they were too tight -- major clue -- but it got me to go to the gym MORE! I just figured my metabolism had finally lowered, I was paying for years of eating anything I wanted and it was only fair -- so off to the gym I went!

I won't find out how far along I am until a week from today -- my OB/GYN is awesome but a lot of people think so, so I was "fit in" on one of her call days next week.

I am guessing at least 12 weeks but hesitate there and don't want to get a ahead of myself.

Thanks for all the kind words! I had no idea that posting on this site can cause pregnancy! Thanks for the heads up Kris!!
                          Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Wow...It must be a great feeling to realize that the rounding tummy has a good cause. Did you miss a period or keep having them? (Is that too personal?). I knew someone who had regular periods during the beginning of her pregnancy and so she was 4 months along before finding out.

Shall I post a warning here? Warning, posting may cause pregnancy or adoption proceedings to start without notice.

kris
                            ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                            ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Kris,

I've never been regular so it really didn't concern me that I hadn't had a period in....well I don't even know now!!!! If I did, I might be able to hone in on the whole "how far along are you!"

Flynn

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Kris,

I've never been regular so it really didn't concern me that I hadn't had a period in....well I don't even know now!!!! If I did, I might be able to hone in on the whole "how far along are you!"

Flynn

Comment

Working...
                                X