Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Teachers getting nervous about school starting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OrionGrad View Post
    I’ve developed a bit of a mask buying addiction thanks to the Etsy app on my phone. Each of my kids likes a different style, so it’s been good to try out some different things and see what works before school starts. I figure we’ll need at least 5-7 for each kid so I’m not washing them after school each day. I’m also planning to get some personalized ones with their names or faces on them so it’s easy to return when they inevitably get left behind in the classroom or on the playground. My kids lose everything at school.
    Any favorite Etsy sellers? I want to lay in a stash and I prefer to support indie/WAHM, but I also prefer good quality and have decision fatigue over all the choices!
    Alison

Comment

Originally posted by spotty_dog View Post
      Any favorite Etsy sellers? I want to lay in a stash and I prefer to support indie/WAHM, but I also prefer good quality and have decision fatigue over all the choices!
      RainbowKiddo
      CleverlyReckless
      Tracysachs

Comment

Originally posted by OrionGrad View Post
        RainbowKiddo
        CleverlyReckless
        Tracysachs
        Thanks!
        Alison

Comment

I started with masks that tied behind that head, but that was a no go for everyone. Too many adjustments.
          Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Our district is coming out with their plan 7/13. One month before school is slated to start. I hate wearing masks. The paper ones are itchy. Most cloth ones are not breathable enough. My HS junior says she won’t go to school if she has to wear one. Virtual learning doesn’t suit her either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Needs

Comment

Teachers getting nervous about school starting

Originally posted by SoonerTexan View Post
              I started with masks that tied behind that head, but that was a no go for everyone. Too many adjustments.
              Same here, which is too bad because the tie ones we got were super cute. My 7yo is the easiest to please. 5yo doesn’t mind the ear straps, but they can’t be too loose or too tight. 3yo doesn’t like ear straps at all, so I found one with elastic that goes around the back of her head and she LOVES wearing that. My biggest problem is finding one that I can wear without my sunglasses sliding off.

ETA: For anyone who thinks face masks are too restrictive or uncomfortable, I have heard good things about the Athleta masks for running/yoga, etc.
              Last edited by OrionGrad; 07-06-2020, 10:45 AM.

Comment

Today the rising 3rd grader was upset she is going to have to wear one. I wouldn't have guessed she would be the child that would rebel.

Honestly, I would bet good money that the mask wearing rules start getting reallllly lax about 3 weeks in.

Also, our district is requiring that parents who choose a home schooling option commit for the entire 1st semester. I would also bet there would be an exodus back to school ~6 weeks in if that weren't the requirement.
                Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

I kind of feel like schools will shut down again a couple months in. Maybe not all if an area is largely unaffected and people actually mask in public and socially distance, but in areas where they don't, I don't see schools being able to function for an entire year.

I'm having a pessimistic day 😬

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Comment

We are supposed to receive detailed guidance this week (school starts for teachers 8/3 and kids 8/5). Teachers and students are required to have masks with them at all times, but will only be required to wear them in certain situations (I’m guessing in situations when social distancing is impossible, like on buses and when two classes of kids are passing in the hallway). I teach at a small rural school and our class sizes are all >25 (most are >20), so we will have an easier time of it than some. Parents can elect an online option, but have to commit to the whole semester. I feel sorry for the people having to make the decisions and am glad I’m not in that role! Whatever is decided, I feel like it will all get blown up later when/if we get an increase of cases.

Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

I’m feeling pessimistic with all of the negative news. Our state is currently doing ok, but I have a friend who is a teacher who is on FB offering to pay someone to homeschool her 5th grader. I’d almost just prefer to go virtual at this point.

~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                      ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

We are working normal somebody wear mask somebody not wear mask we have no complain.

Comment

I need your suggestion
                          I have cavities and sometimes i feel tooth pain
                          Someone suggest me
                          Steel Bite Pro
                          She said it's best product for stopping tooth decay , cavities and other serious oral health issues( tooth whitening etc)
                          Should I use this product?

Or if you know any other better product or solution

Kindly guide me

Sent from my TECNO KC2 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                          X