Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Flynn....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flynn....

So, fill us in! How are you feeling? Do you know exactly when your baby is coming? For some reason I feel like I read that you would be induced on a certain date. Hope you are getting enough rest before the big day! We are thinking about you. Who else is ready to deliver soon?

How sweet of you to ask!!!

We are debating now about the scheduled induction at 38.5 weeks. It would be great with respect to the size of baby and DH's schedule, BUT we would have to have an amnio to assure the lungs are fully developed and I haven't done enough research to see if that is no biggie or if it's a moderate risk. My DH will do some serious research this weekend and consult a few other docs we know. Anyone have any thoughts??? I trust my doc but I think it's responsible to do independent reasearch as well.

Anyway, if we do get induced it will be on "Stand by" at the hospital so it's not in pen yet that Sept. 28th will be the delivery date. We might get bumped with a high risk pregnancy like we did three times (at 42 weeks I was NOT happy to get bumped) last pregnancy. So we are in limbo right now as to what to do!!!

I feel fine -- tired and huge but not terribly uncomfortable so I am lucky. Sleeping has been a little iffy for the last week but then I will sleep really well and all is good again! I am looking forward to the new challenge of managing two kids BUT getting my body back and having some energy due to getting back to my normal size!!! I remember it taking longer than I wanted it to last time but I think I will be a bit more careful about what I eat this time.

I'm excited to find out the gender of this little person!!! I can picture having both a boy and a girl....I'm not "in tune" with what I am having at all but that's ok! I lean towards thinking it's a boy but....you never know!!!

Hopefully all decisions will be made in about a week at my next appointment so I will keep you posted. We are in such a good place right now it's time to stir things up and add another wild card to the mix!!! Never a dull moment!!

Are people still planning on getting together in Seattle?
    Make sure the when and where is posted and I will do my best to stop in and meet some people!!
    Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Flynn,

This is exciting news! I can't wait to hear your birth story. Best of luck!

Kelly
      In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Why would they need to do an amnio, Flynn? Isn't 'normal' gestation between something like 37 and 42 weeks? That would make me nervous too.

I can wait to hear the gender of the baby too.....I think we should take a little poll on this one!!!!

kris
        ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
        ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Thanks for the update, Flynn! Can't wait to hear more news!

Comment

So we went in last week and nothing was really progressing so we changed the induction time to the 8th of October if I don't go into labor before then. This way the risk of C-section is lower and I don't have to have an amnio. I do however have to wait and that sucks.

So...we are in permanent wait mode. I am so sick of being pregnant and I want my body back. The women who thrive on this whole "giver of live thing" well, you are a mystery to me!!!

Can you tell I'm crabby??

The good news is I think I finally nailed down my DH about names (nope we aren't sharing until after the birth but I will tell you our daughter's name is Josephine Louise -- we call her Josie).

I swear if he was this slow in the operating room as far as decision making -- nobody would come out alive!!!

Anyway, that's the boring update from out west!
            Flynn

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Flynn ,

You have my sympathy...the last weeks of pregnancy are miserable. I feel for you.

Maybe I missed this discussion but why are you going the induction or amnio route, if you don't mind my asking? Are there special indications? I'm not being critical...believe me, I got to 40 weeks and I was like induce me or I will take a hostage.

Wishing you well from the Midwest.

Kelly
              In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

We decided that since my "cervix wasn't favorable" the risk of a C section raises considerably and in the long run just not worth the risk.

Also, I didn't think it was responsible to take on the risk of an amnio when my body wasn't really ready to give birth anyway.

This way we do have a date that is almost for sure and I don't have to risk anything small or large. I'm happy with the decision but not happy with how the days are ticking away in slow-motion.

Flynn

Comment

Originally posted by kmbsjbcgb
                  I was like induce me or I will take a hostage.

Flynn, I hope it all goes well for you! Keep us posted. I can't wait to hear the names you picked out. I love Josie, that is such a cute name!

Comment

Flynn, I love Josie! That was what Mitchell would have been named if he'd been a girl.
                    I definitely feel for you being in the final weeks of pregnancy. I hope you are enjoying cooler weather at least? (I can't remember what part of the country you live in.)
                    Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Will do. I think if I get bumped on the 8th for any reason (because it still will be an elective induction at 40 weeks ) I will freak out but for now all is "fine." I'll deal.

The one hope I do have is that I DON'T go into labor this weekend becuase DH will be on adult cardiac at the U for the first time and insanely busy. He might not even be able to get away if it does happen however we have made plans for him to leave the hospital any other time but this weekend.

So, no labor thougths for me this weekend but come Monday --- send me all you have!!!

Lemehaveit!!!!
                      Flynn

Comment

I will start sending labor vibes your way after Sunday. I am so excited for you!
                        Mom to three wild women.

Comment

May your induction be smooth, but more importantly, may your cervix ripen and/or dilate BEFORE you are induced (speaking as somebody who has been induced with a drum-tight cervix ) This is why I will opt for a elective c-section next time! (Since the first turned into a c-section anyhow).

Sending happy labor thoughts your way!

Marla

Comment

So hopefully we get called in for the induction today.

Since technically the birth is still is not "medically indicated" we will be on "stand by."

Yuck but it's better than waiting (I was induced last time when I was 11 days overdue) until I am 42 weeks and have a baby horse instead of human!

I can't believe my daughter is going to be a big sister! Crazy!
                            I am most curious about the gender and the szie of this baby in that order!

Cross your fingers!
                            Flynn

Comment

Good luck to you today. I hope you get in today and that everything goes well.
                              Enjoy meeting this new little person!

Comment

Working...
                              X