Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Flynn....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congratulations! Love the name!

Jenn
    Needs

Comment

Congratulations on your new son!

Comment

Great news! Can't wait to read your birth story.

Comment

Yay for your family!!!
          Mom to three wild women.

Comment

Congrats on the new addition!

Jenn

Comment

Congratulations on your new arrival!
              Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
              Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
              Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

Congrats!!!!

This is fantastic news. I can't wait to hear more.

Kelly
                In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

So quickly here's how things went:

We checked into the hospital after I got the call that they could fit me in for an elective induction around 3:30. Things moved pretty fast and I was moving along quite well after being hooked up to the pitosin. I asked for the epidural in time (I LEARNED from last time) to NOT feel like I was dying but the guy putting it in didn't numb me enough before he started what felt like banging away, at my spine. After I yelled "OWWWW" really loud he was a bit more careful I think.

At about 10:30 I was ready to push and that lasted until after 11. The poor guy was face up so he had a bit of trouble getting around my tailbone. After pushing until I was sure my head would explode (again, I say enthusiastically, EPIDURALS ROCK) Brendan was born at about 11:30 p.m.

I was tired but thrilled and we had a decent first night all together! I feel MUCH better than after my daughter was born and have only needed some over the counter pain meds to take the edge off. Now if only my ankles would STOP SWELLING!!!

We are doing well now too...DH is off until Monday and we've had some great QT together. Our daughter turned two on the 12th so we will celebrate her second birthday this Saturday. PHEW!

Thanks for all the kind words and support! We're doing well and feel very blessed!
                  Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

It sounds like you had a great experience. I'm so glad you and DH have all this time together as a family. I totally agree about the epidurals!!! :ra:

Happy Birthday, Josie!

Comment

Flynn,

So much to celebrate in such little time! Enjoy!

Kelly
                      In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Glad you are all doing well! Hopefully the swelling in your ankles will subside soon. Are you doing ankle pumps?
                        Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Great story!

What are ankle pumps and where can I get them quick??? :|

Comment

Ankle pumps are when you alternate between flexing and extending your foot--it alternately contracts the muscle groups in the ankle and works like a pump to help get rid of excessive fluid.
                            Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

I will try that. Thanks!

Comment

Congratulations!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X