Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Sleep advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sleep advice

Aidan was sick for about 10 days before the holidays and then right after christmas he came down with something again and was sick for 4 days. The result: clinginess and an addiction to nursing. He had been taking a cup at mealtimes and a sippy cup during the day and I had reduced the nursing quite a bit.

We're big co-sleepers and that hasn't presented a problem for us. We have co-slept with the kids for the first few years of their life...I know we're crazy :! It's never been a big problem (at least that I remember).

Since his bout of sickness though, Aidan has been waking up every hour to nurse...When he was sick I was much more understanding, but now, I'm just plain exhausted. The thing is, he won't...unlatch. He wants to use me as a pacifier all night long and after he has fallen asleep, I can't unlatch him. He ends up waking up and screaming. For awhile, I would just get up and walk to the bathroom and he'd fall back asleep once I was gone. Then he got wise to me and would start scraming, crawl off the bed and come into the bathroom shrieking. Last night, I was so upset (and exhausted) that I realized that if I didn't move him from our room I was going to lose it...so I put him in his swing, put hte swing in Thomas' office and closed the door. At this point, it was 4.14 am. I felt so guilty to leave him there in the semi-dark screaming so I sat in the family room on the sofa waiting for him to fall asleep. He screamed non-stop until 4.50am...I kid you not! I felt so guilty/horrible that I finally got him, took him upstairs, and played pacifier for the rest of the night. :| :thud:

I'm totally beat and I'm just dreading tonight.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me? Benadryl? Rum? :>

kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

That's something that I hadn't thought of! His ears were fine before, but maybe he IS getting something there!
    I slept in this morning (as did Aidan!) and laid down for 1.5 hours earlier this afternoon. I am feeling much more cheerful now...hopefully this will pass. I have some baby camomile (spelling) tea from germany that I'm going to give him tonight to see if it helps settle him at all I know that sounds weird, but it works for me....and my mil swears by it.

I hope this is over soon though...

Comment

Last night was better. I put him to bed later at around 8.45pm and he fell asleep within 5 minutes...he woke up aroudn 11.30 and I did nurse him and then I put him back into his crib (which is in our room but is almost never used ) He slept until sometime between 4-5 am (wahoo) and then woke up and came to our bed and fell asleep instantly and didn't wake up again until 6.30. I nursed him a little, got the kids out the door, played online a few minutes and then went and woke him up...I'm trying to make him tired enough to sleep well tonight!

kris

Comment

Glad to hear you guys are finally getting some sleep!! I would not have been too chipper either.

Comment

Working...
        X