Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

What is your....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mitchell is clingy as heck--he just stopped nursing and started walking and I think this newfound "independence" is a little scary for him. Sometimes it's a little annoying to have somebody hanging onto my legs while I'm moving about the kitchen trying to cook, but he's such a cutie pie that I can't resist picking him up. This last baby is going to be so spoiled!
    Sydney (3 years 8 months) is still making lots of speech substitutions, so we're working with her on that. Whenever we're out in public and she speaks to somebody (which she does a lot--she's very social) I can tell they have no clue what she is trying to say.
    Maya is getting a little sassy, which is totally new. She's always been a very obedient child, so I'm not used to this! I'm trying to nip that in the bud.
    Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

I agree with the others that you aren't hovering Kelly! I won't allow my girls outside unless I'm out there with them. We don't have a fenced in backyard, I think if we did, I'd let them out as long as I was within earshot and I would probably do frequent checks. BTW, I just checked the sex offender registry and there are TONS in our zip code. We've got plenty of homeless people setting up camp nearby plus foot traffic from people who don't live in our neighborhood, so we're extra careful.
      Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

I have no intense issues right now. However, there are always things I could do better!!!

I am happy to say that the main challenge every day is balancing toddler needs with infant needs and not going insane.

On a good note, DS is now a bit over six months and sleeping a minimum of 10 hours at night and taking two to three 90 minute naps a day. That really helps me spend time with DD and maybe have a half an hour to myself. Often times the various naps are not at the same time so needless to say the days are LONG .

All you experienced parents are probably smiling -- two kids who don't have any sleep issues, are generally polite and happy, and are rarely, if ever sick sounds VERY easy!!! I know -- I am VERY lucky I realize so please don't take this as complaining...just chatting about the every day challenges.

I guess the other issue is that the pre-school I researched along with a million others, and finally settled on one is CLOSING next year. NICE timing!!!!!!! So I am looking into alternatives and might just get on a list and send DD to one in January instead of the fall when some space might be available at one of the ones I found acceptable.
        Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Working...
        X