Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Speaking of names....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The family stuff can get tricky. My parents wanted to name me Daniel after my grandfather, but were told in no uncertain terms that Daniel was to be saved for either of my uncles. One had a girl and the other is gay so I felt no qualms about giving Nikolai the middle name Daniel. No one else did at this point, either. (and since Nikolai's original middle name was Leonidovich, I don't think he'll complain, either)

Jenn

Comment

We are getting ready to go see the in-laws. Yesterday Emma walked around all day introducing me to her "babies." No coaxing on my part, believe me. Here's how the conversation went...

Emma (holding out a stuffed lamb)- "Mommy this is my baby girl lamb and her name is Brooke. Say hi to Brooke. She is my baby sister."

Me- "Hi Brooke."

Emma (holding out a stuffed bunny)- "Mommy this is my baby boy bunny and his name is Preston. Say hi to Preston. He is my baby brother."

Me- "Hi Preston."

I told Matt about the conversation, and he just and said aren't we are in trouble this weekend!

Crystal
      Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

So Crystal, what's the word? Are you deciding on names for sure now that you know it's a boy? Is he going to be Preston or Jackson or....? Do share!

Comment

We are still stuck. I keep reassuring myself that we have time (about 3 1/2 months left). I am realizing that because we have a "unique" name with Brigham that I want to continue the trend.

We have found a name that we considered with Brigham, but I can't remember why it didn't make the final cut. Anyway the name is Reid (Reed). We had another name Peyton, but after thinking about it Matt decided against it. We've pretty much dismissed the possibility of using Preston this time around at least. My mom knows I like the name Preston, and she said "oooh a nice name would be Preston Reid." But what really got me- Brigham kissed my belly and said "Baby Preston" I thought "OOOOOH you're killing me!"

Needless to say we will be breaking out our handy dandy 10 gagillion baby names book.

I will keep you up to date on this saga. With this being my third, I really think that naming a child is the first true test of parenthood.

Crystal
          Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

How about Parker?

I have a friend whose boys are named Peyton, Jackson and Parker.

Comment

Rumor is that Britney Spears is naming her baby Preston.
              Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
              Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
              Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

wonderful.

About Parker- ran by Matt and there would be too many -ers to pronounce in conjunction with our last name.
                Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

Working...
                X