Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Measuring large for dates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Measuring large for dates

I had my first o.b. appt. today....and after it was all said and done, she told me that I was measuring large for my dates and that we'd do an u/s to confirm dates as well as ruling out a multiple pregnancy. :thud:

I was able to get an immediate u/s and......

it's just one little jumping bean. I can not believe how...perfect the baby already looked at just 13 weeks/3 days.....2 arms/2 legs...perfect little head and body....Aidan climbed up on to me while she was trying to do the u/s and he was watching the screen...and the baby put it's hands over it's face like it was playing peek-a-boo with Aidan and I.

All of my self-doubts just evaporated.....I can't wait to meet this little one.

The tech needed several extra minutes to measure the heartrate (158) because it was moving, moving, moving, kicking, twisting the entire time...."wow, how much coffee did you drink this morning?" None...I tried not to eat/drink anything since I was being weighed :>

kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

that's awesome, Kris. My heart stopped at your "and ..."

I'm glad all looks good and you're happy.

Comment

Don't scare me like that!

Glad to hear everything looks good!

Comment

Congrats, Kris....I love that first little picture! (I have to admit that I am a little jealous of you!)

Sally
        Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

You had me fooled! I was thinking from the first half of the post you were going to announce a multiple pregnancy!! :thud:
          Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
          With fingernails that shine like justice
          And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

Glad to hear everything checked out. That is cute about the peek-a-boo.

Crystal
            Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

Great, great news! All you preggos should share as much as possible so that the rest of us can live vicariously through you. Some of the best (and scariest) moments of my life occurred during ultrasounds.

Enjoy.

Kelly
              In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Great news Kris!!!
                I've had 2 US's by now, one showing absolutely nothing and the next one showing a little bean with a beating heart! It's good to know there's something alive in there!
                Are you finding out what you're having???
                Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

I even asked the tech if it was possible to get a peek now. She basically told me to be patient and wait...any guess before 18 weeks is not accurate. I have a 'feeling'...but...I'll have to wait until Jan 17th to confirm.

kris
                  ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                  ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Working...
                  X