Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

ARE ALL KIDS STUPID AT 3 1/2 ?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ARE ALL KIDS STUPID AT 3 1/2 ?!

Originally posted by Entropy

Jenn; I don't know if it's better or worse to have two boys. Do they egg each other on, or do the opposite and police each other? DH says that one day Ryan is going to get pulled over for speeding and Kyle will be the one to blurt out, "...And the drugs are in the trunk!"
    As a mother of twins, I can tell you twins are a little bit different (worse) than your average kid. The kind of hell that twins can put you through is different. Hang in there! Now that Steven and Izzy are 6, they are able to clean (they still can't sort, but that's why we have Kate :> ) and they MOSTLY can follow directions. They can sort of keep each other in check, more than egg each other on. I usually am too tired to sort it out, so they both get in trouble or whatever they're fighting over goes to time out, where I usually forget about it. But I remember the 3s with a special shudder- that was when Mac had to drill all the registers into the floor, because Steven would take them off and throw stuff down there, while Isabel was looking on laughing hysterically. That's also when they would routinely dump every single toy out, and all their clothes, and dismantle the closet components, etc., etc. Good times...

You are just almost there though! Almost to the turning point, truly. Twins get so much easier by age 4 to 4.5. Most days I am happy that they have each other.
    Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Originally posted by DCJenn
      N: Strawberry cereal (Special K w/ Strawberries)

Jenn
      We call it "strawberry cereal" too. Mini wheats are "rectangle cereal", and chereos fruity o's are "o's".
      Peggy

Comment

Our child experience so far.....

1st two years :babyboy:

3's-4 uch: :banghead: :exercise:

4.5-6 :rah:

6 :angeldevil:

I have many stories of embarassing mommy moments. Hope the next six months pass by quickly for you!
        Needs

Comment

Post subject: ARE ALL KIDS STUPID AT 3 1/2 ?!
          YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then,

just wait for 14
          Luanne
          wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Shoot me now.

Jenn

Comment

Nooooooo, Jen I hear the years of say 7-10 can be delightful! Not for my eldest, but I'm holding out hope that one of the four will be!

(So wait until he's 14 to take drastic action...)
              Peggy

Comment

Luanne wrote:

just wait for 14
                AHHHHHHHH! (Screaming running from the room!)

Kelly
                In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Is there something I can give this little one so that she stays 1 or 2 forever?
                  Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Originally posted by SnowWhite
                    Thanks everyone. After I read SnowWhite's response I burst out sobbing; another year and a half...and it might get worse?! But now that I have more control over myself I'm back...
                    Sorry - I seem to be saying all the wrong things lately . But have no fear, the f-ing fours end at about 4 1/2 and 5 is pretty awesome!

SnowWhite; I was hoping you didn't read my comment like that. In fact I was going to put a disclaimer telling you to read to the end...in a round-about way I was thanking you for the heads-up. I think the reason I'm having such a hard time is because I wasn't prepared for the battle. At this point any and all combat tactics are welcome.

It's us against them, people! We're good enough, smart enough, and doggone it, I don't give a rat's ass if they don't like me!

Comment

It's us against them, people! We're good enough, smart enough, and doggone it, I don't give a rat's ass if they don't like me!

Keep fighting the good fight.

Comment

Originally posted by house elf
                        Now where is that mommy protection program?

Kelly
                        Minnesota...in the house right next door to mine!

Go little Kendall go! :>

Kris
                        ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                        ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Working...
                        X