Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Three Under Three

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Three Under Three

The B-days
    10-02-02
    02-03-04 DS1 16 mos
    09-09-05 DS1 a few weeks shy of 3
    05-03-07 DS1 4yrs7mos

Congrats to you and the family I think it's awesome!!
    You will survive, but I won't lie, it will drive you very batty at times.
    How old is your oldest...this will be #4 right?

Feel free to request mine or Sylvia's # when you need to call up and say "@#$%b %%$#@ @#$$ I can't take this!"
    Not that you'll be able to hear us over all the screaming, crying, giggling, screeching and whining!
    Who am I kidding??!! You'll hardly have the time to talk...Sylvia & I seem to be locked into a perpetual cycle of phone tag :|

IT IS WHAT IT IS : a delightful exhausting adventure, that will reap huge rewards and send you to the edge ...you'll do great!

BTW is there a biodigradable/ recycleable disposable diaper...now's the time to find one, seeing as how you are a cloth clan! Unless you have or can successfully train 1 or both before baby comes! Trust me it can be extremely daunting: all of the diapers and traing pants you will be dealing w/ on a daily basis!
    Once baby is here it is sooooo hard to train. As we all know baby brings a bit of upheaveal into the home, thus throwing everyone off their game. If the other 2 are trained already, hats off to you ...you are a parental rock star...if not,get on it !!
    I always thought that allowing them to tell/ signal to you when they are ready, was the best approach...but when you have a new born around and are sleep deprived, potty training, which seems like climbing Rainer, will feel more like attempting Everest w/out a sherpa!

Comment

I think it's number 5 for them.

Good Luck Fluff & Dr. Fluff & Fluffs 1 through 4!

Comment

Originally posted by Jane
        I think it's number 5 for them.
        Originally posted by fluffhead
        Three under three and five under eight, makes a man crazy and a lady gain weight.

Congrats to the Fluffs, I'm sure it's intimidating but I bet it will soon be second nature to have a young and energetic family!
        Alison

Comment

Thanks all. Yes it's 5. Unbelievable - I'd always said 2 kids would be nice....
          anyway, we have a sitter for 5 hours a day, while I'm teaching. not sure if she wants more hours, but perhaps we'll ask. We pay her lots of money because she's trustworthy and the kids love her.

The diapers....I've been less and less militant with cloth as each kid comes - we now do disposable at night, disposable on trips. So who knows what the next one will bring.
          Enabler of DW and 5 kids
          Let's go Mets!

Comment

Fluff, I can't speak to the kids being closer in age. However, since your oldest is around the same age as mine, my experience is that maintaining a somewhat consistent nap schedule for those still sleeping during the day is hard. I have a school pick up at 12:30 and another at 2:15. For about a year we've had a sitter a few times a week to help cover those pick-up times and maintain a nap schedule. Between the sitter and carpooling for one pick-up, she gets a long enough nap. It makes a huge difference for us -- rested kid, less chaos in early evening for homework and other activities.

Comment

Since the one and only diaper service in greater KC folded (no pun intended), I've been testing all of the 'more environmentaly friendly' diapers to find one we like. My faves so far are "Earth's Best" (which only seems to be available at BabiesRUs, a huge strike against it, IMO), and Seventh Generation. Several reviewers mentioned that 7thGen runs small, so I bought size 2 for Mattie -- and they fit (she's not quite 10 lbs yet!). Just a heads up.

Back to the congratulations ... All my best to All the Fluffs!

Comment

Originally posted by cupcake
                I have a school pick up at 12:30 and another at 2:15. For about a year we've had a sitter a few times a week to help cover those pick-up times and maintain a nap schedule.
                I hear you. Luckily, my sitter stays till 2, I have pickup at 1:45, and then my oldest gets dropped off at 4:00 (dw does mornings on the way to work).
                We'd like to move toward consolidating some of the carpooling...hopefully.
                Sleep sounds like a distant dream.
                Enabler of DW and 5 kids
                Let's go Mets!

Comment

I'm late (as in fifteen weeks late, if you get what I mean, ha, ha) but I'd like to wish you the heartiest of congratulations. You can do this!

Kelly
                  In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Congratulations! I know the task of 3 under 3 sounds very daunting now. But a large family when they are grown up will be such a blast!
                    Needs

Comment

Congratulations to all the Fluffs! I would be completely overwhelmed in your shoes, but you will do fine.
                      Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Congratulations! We have 4 in a 5 year span: dd (6), ds (5), ds (3), dd (15 mos).

For some point I think I have always had two in diapers. When our third was born we had a nanny for the first 5 months, and when #3 was 11 months, we had a huge surprise. DH hired a live-in nanny to come and help me out for 6 months, and she was an angel sent from God. It's the only thing that helped me transition easily, although I have days where I feel like I am going to go bonkers. We have a sitter that comes in a couple of days a week.

For us we have found a good snip was the only sure way. I remember sitting in my OB's office dazed and confused as to how I got pregnant. Her response to me "Were you practicing abstinence?" Me: "Umm well no, obviously," as I looked down at my stomach. She chuckled and said "Well the only thing that is 100% full-proof is abstinence."

Best of luck!
                        Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!
                          Luanne
                          wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Working...
                          X