Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Thumb Sucker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Thumb Sucker?

Originally posted by GreyhoundsRUs
    I have a student (16) who will suck her thumb if she falls asleep in my class
    That is so many kinds of wrong. . .
    Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Moonlight-

He was 9 months when we met him and 13 months when we were able to go back and get him. (loooong saga)

Jenn

Comment

Isabel and Luke are thumb suckers. They started at about 10 weeks or so-- as soon as they could find their thumbs. Isabel (now age 7) STILL sucks her thumb.

The dentist has bribed her, etc., etc.

The dentist tried to bribe Luke, too. He said that he'd give him a "big prize" if he stopped sucking his thumb, but Luke told me that he'd rather just wait until his big boy teeth come in and then he'd think about stopping...

Anyway... I'm pretty sure all the kids will need braces- thumb suckers and not. Kate never took a paci and never sucked her thumb (neither did Steven), but she needed braces and looking at Steven's teeth I think he will too...

The benefits to thumb sucking is that they always have their thumb with them, and it really really comforts them.
        Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

I'm with Peggy - it is highly unlikely that they will lose their thumbs in the middle of the night and need my help finding it again. I hope Sophie finds her's soon...
          Kris

Comment

Julia's my first thumb sucker. Loves.her.thumb. It's much easier for her to soothe herself. Lucy was always loosing her paci and screaming for it. It's funny how different they each are. Lucy was paci all the way. Isabel sucks on the corners of her blanket. The corners are soooo nasty. And Julia is a true-blue thumb sucker.
            -Ladybug

Comment

Originally posted by DCJenn
              Moonlight-

He was 9 months when we met him and 13 months when we were able to go back and get him. (loooong saga)

Jenn
              Oh yeah, I knew it was a big ordeal to get him over. I couldn't remember if he was close to a year when you got him or if he was closer to 3 years old. Then when you posted about the circumcision I was wondering again if he closer to 3. Anyways, THX!
              Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
              "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I think I'm going to continue to offer the pacifier/replace fingers with the pacifier....but not get crazy about it. But I will that he gets my perfect teeth and not Russ'.
                Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Working...
                X