Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

BabyCarrier for a Toddler/Preschooler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My new carrier! I haven't gotten it yet...she's still finishing the applique on the hood. I'll for sure post an action pic when I get it....but I'M SOOOO EXCITED!!!!
    Attached Files
    Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Fun! Hope it comes in soon!

Comment

Too cute!
        Jen
        Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

It's here! And comfy!
          Attached Files
          Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

The picture of you trying to get a picture of you both - and the carrier = too cuuute! The carries is adorable too.
            Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

[QUOTE=migirl;433709 I can still carry DS#1 (3.5yo, maybe 34 pounds?) on my back in my Ergo fairly comfortably, it never occurred to me that he might be too big for it...?[/QUOTE]

HOLY COW!! You guys are total troopers! I can't stand toting my kids around in any kind of body sling or carrier. I have a Baby Bjorn and I use it maybe three times. They are so uncomfortable for me. As soon as my kids can sit up on their own (or, propped up between two gallon milk jugs!), they get popped into the grocery or Target cart.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayMatterWife View Post
                HOLY COW!! You guys are total troopers! I can't stand toting my kids around in any kind of body sling or carrier. I have a Baby Bjorn and I use it maybe three times. They are so uncomfortable for me. As soon as my kids can sit up on their own (or, propped up between two gallon milk jugs!), they get popped into the grocery or Target cart.
                There's a world of difference between a Bjorn and and Ergo, though.

Also we find the grocery cart performs poorly on most hiking trails.

That carrier looks like it was tailored for him, Michele!
                Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
                Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
                Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

There's a world of difference between a Bjorn and and Ergo, though.
                  ABSOLUTELY!

Daegan is just not the kid who can sit in a buggy. He's trying to climb out, or pulling things out of the cart or off the shelves....or he's pitching a FIT! Trying to have him walk beside us? Uhhh. No. He runs and grabs at everything breakable, flails in the aisles... In the carrier? He's golden. I don't think anyone would say that he's premature physically....but emotionally? I think he still has some catching up to do.
                  Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

I just bought an Ergo yesterday. I've got a mei tai, but it's way too tricky for back carries. I did a front carry with Mattie today. I'd planned to carry her on my back, but even after watching the video several times, I'm in awe of anyone who can get the baby on their back w/o help.

Comment

You'll get there. Did you check youtube for videos?
                      Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

It took A LOT of practice, but I'm pretty good at throwing baby on my back now. You'll get there!!
                        ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
                        -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Very cool, Michele!

I'm always so fascinated by how dark your hair is and how light D's is. He looks EXACTLY like you! Yay for genes!
                          married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

I'm always so fascinated by how dark your hair is and how light D's is. He looks EXACTLY like you! Yay for genes!
                            It is kinda strange sometimes to look at him and see my face with blond hair!
                            Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Working...
                            X