Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

coming home duds for baby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd love to see a picture, Kelly!
    married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

I think that this is an open forum...I'll try to post in a closed forum. I'm terrible at posting pics here, however.

Kelly
      In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Remember you can't do the swaddle sacks in the carseat. This may be a "duh", but I remember thinking I could run the boys up to school when Mattie was in a swaddle sack, and I had to unzip and pull her little legs out to buckle the carseat.

For going home, I had a simple, neutral outfit for the boys (didn't know the sex), and it's one thing I've saved for each kid. Their first clothes - kind of a sentimental thing for me.

FWIW, the pulling something over the head didn't phase me.

And yes, pack and take with you. You will not want S running back and forth. That's silly. Cumberland's list was similar to mine.

Comment

Originally posted by houseelf View Post
          I think that this is an open forum...I'll try to post in a closed forum. I'm terrible at posting pics here, however.

Kelly
          sorry! I didn't mean to bully you into showing me a picture!
          After all, I'm the one who even crops her own head out of a belly pic in a private forum! I'm just curious what the outfits are like. They sound beautiful.
          Last edited by alison; 08-24-2009, 10:04 AM.
          married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Oh, honey, it's not a privacy thing...it's an idiocy thing. I just have a hard time with it.

No offense taken!

kelly
            In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

When I had DD3, they NEVER did a bottom check. Never. I thought that was very weird and very lax.
              Mom to three wild women.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassy
                Kind of a weird question but since we're on the topic (kind of), how annoying is it when you have your own jammies w/ pants at the hospital when the nurse has to do your bottom check? Or is it a nonissue? All my patients at clinical had hospital gowns except one so all the gowned ones could just roll over for a quick bottom check. The woman with the pants had an awkward time fighting with them in bed for her bottom check.
                I never had a issue with it.
                Tara
                Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Things that I notice most people bring to the hospital mirror what people have said here. As far as your own jammies, that varies with each patient, although if you are not taking your own jammies, I would recommend taking a light robe or something so you don't feel exposed or anything walking in the hallway. Pants aren't usually an issue with a bottom checks, as long as they fit well enough to be pulled up/down easily.
                  What NOT to bring, in my opinion
                  1. white slippers...enough said
                  2. really nice underwear (think "period set")
                  3. Jewelry (things DO get stolen or "lost" in the hospital)
                  4. A ton of baby clothes. Most babies just stay in the hospital t-shirt and receiving blankets, although you are usually welcome to change them. In my opinion though, save your laundry for when you go home.

I would also recommend the 2 bag thing (one for labor, one for post-partum). If you have 2 separate Labor and post -artum rooms, the hauling of crap from one room to another is sort of a PIA, and things do get "lost" in this transaction. Also, there's enough equipment/people in a labor room without piles of luggage and personal belongings for people to trip over. Leave the post-partum bag in the car and have hubby run out and get it after the little munchkin arrives.
                  Wife to a PGY-7 Interventional Cardiology Fellow, Mom to two. DS(7) and DD(3).

Comment

What about the boppy?!?!?! I have had two c-sections and used the boppy a ton to start with nursing. I never had bottom checks with having c-sections. You do those for episiotomy? (SP?)

Comment

Katherine-
                      Oh yeah, bring the boppy! Good call!
                      Bottom checks *should" be done with all vaginal delivieries...and the lochia/flow should be examined on all patients - even c-sections when you get your fundus checked.
                      Wife to a PGY-7 Interventional Cardiology Fellow, Mom to two. DS(7) and DD(3).

Comment

Working...
                      X