Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

New Circumcision Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rapunzel View Post
    I actually think that keeping baby/little girls clean is a WHOLE lot harder than any boy - circumcision or not! There are a lot more girly "bits".
    Slightly off topic, but wow! do I agree with you on that one. Marie will somehow manage to get fecal debris in her vaginal opening and packed in, around the labia. We've had to use cotton swaps before, to make sure everything was removed. Honestly, it's like she poops, sits, then grinds her pelvic bone into the mess. Icckkkk!!

Comment

Originally posted by GrayMatterWife View Post
      Slightly off topic, but wow! do I agree with you on that one. Marie will somehow manage to get fecal debris in her vaginal opening and packed in, around the labia. We've had to use cotton swaps before, to make sure everything was removed. Honestly, it's like she poops, sits, then grinds her pelvic bone into the mess. Icckkkk!!
      Thanks for that mental image Abigail. Yuck. Now I'm hoping for a boy.

We don't know what we're having yet, but if it's a boy, he'll obviously be circumcised. DH said one of the urology attendings in his hospital does them. We attended one bris at a temple a few years back and that completely turned him off mohels or doing it outside of a sterile environment.

On a side note, one of my friends had two boys in London and had both of them circumcised at the hospital with no problems. May be it's more common in England than Ireland.

Comment

Originally posted by Vishenka69 View Post

On a side note, one of my friends had two boys in London and had both of them circumcised at the hospital with no problems. May be it's more common in England than Ireland.
        Probably is - the UK has much larger Jewish and Muslim populations.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayMatterWife View Post
          So very true...happens most often in the Exersaucer which we have affectionately named the "Exerpooper"
          Tara
          Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Originally posted by MissMartini View Post
            My brother and sister in law moved to Ireland last summer, and immediately experienced a surprise pregnancy.

They welcomed the adorable boy into the world in May. They used the public health care system through the entire pregnancy and delivery. (they are more adventurous than I am.) Once the little guy was born within the first 12 hours my brother in law asked...when does he get circumsized. The doctors looked at them totally confused and asked why they would circumsize him.....
            ....it never crossed their minds that wouldn't be standard procedure. Neverless, they opted to wait until they come back to the US where it is much more common, and the Drs. performing it will be more experienced....good idea!

I can just picture the doctors faces. It wouldn't even be considered there except for religious reasons and even that would be a rare request. Let me put it this way...I wasn't sure what a curcumcision was until I was 21. I know guys who are (DH) and are not. It really doesn't make much of a difference so I vote for leaving our future boys as they are rather than putting them through an unnecessary procedure. I'm with Cassy, if other boys ask about it...ask them why they're looking.
            Student and Mom to an Oct 2013 boy
            Wife to Anesthesia Critical Care attending

Comment

I REALLY want to have my son circumcised when he was first born, but the dr's worked hard to convince me that it wasn't necessary, times were changing... blah blah blah.
              Turns out that two months ago, my three year old had to be circumcised because the skin would not retract correctly. I think now, having gone through having an older child circumcised, I would just do it right away at birth. It was hell going through what we did as far as surgery and recovery for the first week and a half.

It is a totally personal decision though of course, but that was just my experience.

Comment

Re: New Circumcision Recommendations

My oldest son had a pretty bad phimosis. When he was in first grade they considered circumcision. The urologist suggested non-surgical intervention first and surgery as a last resort We treated it for several weeks with a steroid cream. It worked like a charm. 6 mo later we had to retreat. Now he is a healthy 14 yr old with no problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Yes, we tried that steroid cream also. I prayed like crazy that it would work! I am happy to hear that it worked for someone, because I honestly I thought they were just blowing smoke where it didn't need to be blown

Comment

Working...
                  X