Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

I love 3 months!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love 3 months!

This has got to be the most rewarding time in parenthood thus far. I die every single day from the cuteness! Dd is 3 months old (I've lost count of the number of weeks--14, I think). When she wakes up in the morning, instead of those awful newborn cries, I'm greeted by a huge smile. Throughout the day, the smiles continue, as does the "talking," "singing," and wet kisses. This is the fun part.

Dd also sleeps from 7:30pm to 4am and again from 4:30 to around 7:00am. I'm counting my lucky stars that I actually get a sane amount of sleep each night.

I'm bracing myself for teething... Any advice there?
    married to an anesthesia attending

Yay! I love this age too. We usually hit a good groove by four months and their cute little personalities really start to blossom. Enjoy!!!

Teething varies so much from kid to kid. Tylenol helps a lot for the really bad days and nights. You might get drooling and diarrhea, and you might not. It's really a crap shoot.
    -Ladybug

Comment

3 months is a huge step I think. I can't wait!

As for teething you may still have quite a bit of time, A didn't get any until much later but we found Motrin worked much better with her then Tylenol, just make sure you have lots of things for her to chew on.
      Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

I love three months, too. As for teething, DD1 didn't get any teeth until after 9 months, and DS was over a year. At four or five months, people kept telling me to look out for teeth. Some kids just don't get them that early! As with everything in parenting, you'll worry about it a ton, and then have to figure it out when you get there. As much as you prepare yourself, every child is different (and often, each child is different day to day).
        -Deb
        Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

Originally posted by Ladybug View Post
          Yay! I love this age too. We usually hit a good groove by four months and their cute little personalities really start to blossom. Enjoy!!!

Teething varies so much from kid to kid. Tylenol helps a lot for the really bad days and nights. You might get drooling and diarrhea, and you might not. It's really a crap shoot.
          What she said!

Oh BTW nice pun Annie

Comment

Ohhh three months is definitely my favorite time after getting through those insanely rough first few weeks... Their little smiles... and they can finally show YOU how much they love you!! Aw, I miss that!

Enjoy every minute!

Comment

If you love this phase, just wait until about 6 months!! It gets better and better. (Well, there are some moments in the late-2s/early-3s that I could go without, but GENERALLY...)

Comment

My six month old gave NO indication whatsoever that he is teething. I just discovered his first one today.

Kelly
                In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayMatterWife View Post
                  If you love this phase, just wait until about 6 months!! It gets better and better. (Well, there are some moments in the late-2s/early-3s that I could go without, but GENERALLY...)
                  I was going to say this too! Excepty my fav is around 9 months.

Fun fun fun!!
                  Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Originally posted by houseelf View Post
                    My six month old gave NO indication whatsoever that he is teething. I just discovered his first one today.

Kelly
                    I didn't know either-- the dr at a routine visit told me she'd cut a tooth!
                    Peggy

Comment

Of course, these first teeth were not on our first borns. You have to make a ruckus to be heard now.

Kelly
                      In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

I hear ya on the 3 month cuteness... Zoe is rapidly approaching that point and I already could just about eat her up. Good stuff.
                        Attorney, wife to EM attending, mom to two girls (ages 5 and 2)

Comment

I love babyhood period. Sophie is at 10 months now and is more fun every day.

She cut her first 2 teeth at 9 months (the typical bottom incisors) and now is working on teeth 3 and 4. These would be the upper canines! It is pretty funny looking!
                          Kris

Comment

Originally posted by houseelf View Post
                            Of course, these first teeth were not on our first borns. You have to make a ruckus to be heard now.

Kelly

So true!!!!
                            Peggy

Comment

WTH?! Just as I was saying how I love love love 3 months, dd goes and has a terrible night. Dh blames it on me, because on Saturday I made her miss her bed time (7:30). I was all "poor me, everyone gets to go out right now, and we have to go home and put a stinkin baby to bed. I just want to go to Barnes and Noble and browse, can we PLEEEEEEEEEASE do this? Carry her in the Bjorn!" And so on and so forth until dh agreed to go to the bookstore with me.

By the time we got home at 8:30, it was like wrangling an alligator. Dd was up again at midnight and then slept through until morning.

And then yesterday (Sunday) was a terrible day - dd took a mega nap from 11am to almost 3pm, and then was pissed off the rest of the day.

Last night was awful. She was up every 3 hours, and would only eat 1 oz. and then go back to bed. Who does she think she is? A newborn?

So, there you have it. Don't mess with a baby's bedtime.
                              married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Working...
                              X