Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

I love 3 months!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OMG-

Truer words have never been written. It's "pay to play" in it's definitive form. Even now, we pay a huge price when we stay out too late.

and Fridays are deadly. He's exhausted from school, we're exhausted from the week- everyone is cranky in my house.

jenn

Comment

Nothing to add just a congrats on making it to 3 months with your sanity intact.

I keep saying the older they get the more I love to be a parent.
      Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Don't beat yourself up. Really, who knows why babies go through the old *waking up all night long* routine. But it rears its ugly head here and there. Since she's had a great sleep pattern previously, she'll go back to it eventually!!
        Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Originally posted by peggyfromwastate View Post
          Don't beat yourself up. Really, who knows why babies go through the old *waking up all night long* routine. But it rears its ugly head here and there. Since she's had a great sleep pattern previously, she'll go back to it eventually!!
          Yep!
          Tara
          Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

aww, I just love the 0-2 phase, where they're SO SMILEY sometimes just to see you... balances out some of the awful sleepless nights!

I agree with one of the other posters that those horrible nights come and go, AND in my experience with my 3 girls it often has nothing to do with whatever you're doing... I have never been a "schedule"- type mom- my kids go to bed at around the same time give or take an hour, following more of a rhythm than the clock, and there were nights where things were exactly the same as the pervious evenings and I would just rack my brain about what did I DO that day, eat differently, or whatever. So yes, if you feel like a consistent bedtime helps, by all means, go for it-- I guess I just wanted to say don't blame yourself when she has a crabby night, because sometimes you just don't know!!

Oh, and teething- 2 outta my 3 were fine, teeth just popped in... middle one was drooly, whiney, and poopy each time. Go figure.

Comment

Another bad night last night.

I'm not a stick-to-the-schedule type person, but my dd apparently is. If she's not in bed between 7-7:30, then she has a rough night. Today we had a parent group AND a massage class. She was pooped when she got home. Although she napped for 45 minutes in her stroller, she REALLY wanted to go to bed, so I put her down at 6:30. I'm pretty sure she thinks she's just gone down for a nap though, since dh is night-guy.

Cross your fingers!
              married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Sometimes everyone needs to go to bed at 6:30...
                Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Originally posted by peggyfromwastate View Post

Sometimes everyone needs to go to bed at 6:30...
                  Aw Peggy, you're so right! She slept until 2:30, and was up for an hour! Good thing the first waking is dh's shift! then she went down again and slept till....9:30! I woke up in a panic because we had a doctor's appointment at 10am. She usually wakes up at 7. I literally threw everything into a Target bag and we were off!

Comment

And because I'm a first time mom and I'm worried about everything--is it normal for babies to sleep 14 hours at night like this???

Comment

Originally posted by alison View Post
                      And because I'm a first time mom and I'm worried about everything--is it normal for babies to sleep 14 hours at night like this???
                      Normal for some babies - they're generally called "easy."
                      Ours never did that, but I'm jealous.
                      Enabler of DW and 5 kids
                      Let's go Mets!

Comment

Kids need a lot more sleep than you'd think. I think for infants it's something like a total of 13-14 hours. I know for kindergarteners it's still 11-13 hours a day. Sleeping children = happy parents so enjoy it!

You get to the point when it's just easier to cave to the schedule than deal with the ramifications the next day/week.

I dragged his sleeping little butt everywhere during the day but we didn't ever mess around with bedtime. We still don't like to mess around with bedtime. Although I have to say that a benefit of walking/talking older kids is that its soooo much nicer for dude to say, 'mommy, i am just too tired.' and then haul himself off to his room, put on his jammies and brush his teeth.

Comment

I will never mess with bedtime, Jenn. I'm considering not going to the New Year's party that dh's department is throwing, because this would seriously mess with bedtime, and I'm not ready to face the ramifications of stuffing a baby into a car seat at 1am. No thank you.

I told dh if he wants me there, then he needs to make arrangements for all of us to sleep there, and recreate our bedroom for dd.

Comment

Fluff -- dd is a VERY intense child when she's awake. As in, you can't do anything but pay attention to her, otherwise she goes ballistic.

Comment

Oh - I guess she makes up for her sleeping hours by assuring you're noticing her when she's awake. Well then I guess I'm not so jealous after all
                              Enabler of DW and 5 kids
                              Let's go Mets!

Comment

Working...
                              X